Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkB, Brewcrafter, rolfwoods and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Wompus Cat

Quote from: 757boatworks on August 25, 2022, 04:30:29 PMHi everyone.. I'm Todd and new.. in the Virginia Beach area. Found the forum trying in vain to find a specific part for my favorite reel.. but I will stick around because I'm into this stuff lol.

Welcome Todd .
From Deep in The Heart Of Texas.
post away  what parts you might need .GOBS of peeps here have em.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

alantani

welcome!!!  what part are you looking for?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Brewcrafter

Welcome Todd from the SoCal Inland Empire. - john

757boatworks

[/quote
Quote from: alantani on August 25, 2022, 05:45:59 PMwelcome!!!  what part are you looking for?

This is my favorite reel... Shimano Sustain 6000FE. The main gear is attached via pressed-in flange, and has developed a small amount of play.. which translates into a lot of play at the handle. I tried to loctite it several times, but it just keeps breaking free again and the reel is not usable like this. Anyways, the original part number is RD11828 DRIVE GEAR.  Same part in Sustain 6000 and 8000 FE, also Stradic 6000 and 8000 FI. Part is discontinued and I've checked ebay a thousand times, called a bunch of random reel repair places, contacted Shimano directly... to no avail.

alantani

crud...  yeah, none of my shimano spinner parts go past RD 8000.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Wompus Cat

THe gear pictured on E-Replacements for your Reel shows screws holding it to the back  plate .Does your gear have a back plate on the shaft ?
You could drill and tap some screw holes . OR if it is just pressed on the shaft with nothing behind it there are some other options you could try. If you have torn down post a picture of the Gear you have.
Here is what the last availble gear looked like .

757boatworks

Quote from: Wompus Cat on August 26, 2022, 02:45:27 AMTHe gear pictured on E-Replacements for your Reel shows screws holding it to the back  plate .Does your gear have a back plate on the shaft ?
You could drill and tap some screw holes . OR if it is just pressed on the shaft with nothing behind it there are some other options you could try. If you have torn down post a picture of the Gear you have.

I think I bent that flange with the screw holes in it during one of my many attempts to repair this.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: 757boatworks on August 26, 2022, 10:31:10 AM
Quote from: Wompus Cat on August 26, 2022, 02:45:27 AMTHe gear pictured on E-Replacements for your Reel shows screws holding it to the back  plate .Does your gear have a back plate on the shaft ?

I think I bent that flange with the screw holes in it during one of my many attempts to repair this.

If you could post some pictures of this it might help us come up with a solution .

I don't understand your statement of the Gear being pressed on the shaft when you mention you have a bent flange maybe.If you didn't buy this NEW
THEN MAYBE it had screws at one time and someone left them out ,just shootin in the dark here ...lol
Pictures will help clarify your problem . Should you not (as many do) now with this New  Forum Program  understand the picture posting procedure you can e-mail them to me and I will post them .
Just  click on the e-mail icon in my profile and the system will send it to me .

CORRECTION ,Click on the center Cloud looking icon for personal messaging as e-mail does NOT work  :(

If a Moderator  could move this to the appropriate section it might get more results from others. :d

757boatworks

Quote from: Wompus Cat on August 26, 2022, 01:07:15 PM
Quote from: 757boatworks on August 26, 2022, 10:31:10 AM

If you could post some pictures of this it might help us come up with a solution .

I don't understand your statement of the Gear being pressed on the shaft when you mention you have a bent flange maybe.If you didn't buy this NEW
THEN MAYBE it had screws at one time and someone left them out ,just shootin in the dark here ...lol
Pictures will help clarify your problem . Should you not (as many do) now with this New  Forum Program  understand the picture posting procedure you can e-mail them to me and I will post them .
Just  click on the e-mail icon in my profile and the system will send it to me .

CORRECTION ,Click on the center Cloud looking icon for personal messaging as e-mail does NOT work  :(

If a Moderator  could move this to the appropriate section it might get more results from others. :d

Sorry I should have been more clear. Attached is a picture of the offending piece... I have the main gear removed , it's held on by 6 small screws. The two parts in the photo are pressed together and there's maybe 2 or 3 degrees of play.sus_7716f61f679496b7f1dd1d99c96cd24c9ae78732.png

Wompus Cat

Would like to see the other end of this Gear assembly( Shaft) to determine how to proceed with a suggestion or two and depending on your skill set and tools you MIGHT be able to cinch this down where it will stay .
That part may be one piece and has broken off the Flange is why it might look bent as you stated  earlier in which brings it to a whole new level in repair or NOT.

Would be Nice  IF a MODERATOR COULD Move this  to its OWN THREAD out of the WELCOME CATEGORY  ;D  ;D

markhodges78

Hello new to the forum I have always serviced my own reels and just now starting to offer it as a service to some of my guide friends. I fish mostly for Blue Catfish and target fish mainly 40lb and above. Right now I have 8 Daiwa Saltist LW20HA to clean / repair I do not care for the drag on these reels. Are there any Ht-100 drag washers that would make a good fit for these reels? I did find that the previous service that was done left the spring washers turned the same direction )) so fixing that helped any suggestions the would make this reel better?

Thanks Mark 

Wompus Cat

Welcome from Deep in the Heart of Texas.
I don't have any of the newer Saltists to comment on but I am sure someone will chime in here .
I take that back .....I have several and use Drags from SMOOTH DRAGS ...lol I forget easy these days . Good Reels .

https://www.smoothdrag.com/wp/carbontex-price-list/

Donnyboat

Welcome to you new members, tell us more about your collection of reel, & what fish you target, Its also good if you can post your first name, makes us feel like we are talking to a whomanbeeeing then, welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

markhodges78

Quote from: Donnyboat on September 12, 2022, 11:39:40 PMWelcome to you new members, tell us more about your collection of reel, & what fish you target, Its also good if you can post your first name, makes us feel like we are talking to a whomanbeeeing then, welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.

My first name is Mark from Virginia and the reels I'm working with are Daiwa Saltist LW20HA and I mainly target 40+ lb blue catfish