Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul9591, akfish, rfnut, David 13, buckfever and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

foakes

Welcome aboard, Tim & Quang!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Brewcrafter

Welcome to Tim and Quang from the SoCal Inland Empire! - john

Crow

Welcome, guys! Glad to have you!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Paul9591

Hi all,

My name is Paul, and this is my first post here.

I'm just getting familiar with board layout and navigation, so please forgive me if I post anything in the wrong section.

I am a vintage reel enthusiast and restorer from the UK, so I am very excited to be here and share my photos and experiences with you all, and thank you Alan for allowing me to do so.

My interests are ever expanding, but so far, I have focussed more on early Mitchells, Abu Cardinals, ABU baitcasters, Swiss Marine/Thommen Record, French Mepps reels, German Platils, American Pflueger reels, and of course our own varied quality British reels, such as The top end Hardy Altex and Elarex, down to the very popular budget Intrepids (Old Pal by name in the USA initially, then later distrubuted under Horrocks Ibbottson), and the maybe not so popular slightly quirky and simple TJ Harrington reels.

It was a nostalgic trip down memory lane for me with the aquisition of a mint boxed Intrepid reel I used to own as a teen and then finding my dads old half bail Mitchell that got me started collecting them, I then did a restore on my dads reel, which came out rather well, so I got hooked on restoring too.

I will post up some photos soon.