Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batomba, Brewcrafter, Benni3, OhReely, Taily, Hardy Boy, nanz, hrgriz, Milan S, circlehook and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

bluefish69

Welcome Aboard from N.Y.

Happy to see another Newell guy here. All my Newell's are P440 & smaller.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Alto Mare

Welcome Wes, you have some nice reels there. Looks like your bench could use some room, I'll take the three red and the three gold at the right.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

MauiWes

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Mike...I've always been a Penn man, but these old legs just aren't what they used to be. Those 114HLW's weigh too much for me to pack up them cliffs in the morning! The 646's are half the weight.
AM...The gold ones sure are pretty, huh? I converted all my 113HLW's with Accurate frames, plates and handles about 15 years ago. My eldest son is a hardcore slide-bait fisherman as well and has been eyeballing them since I switched to Newell's this season. (dream on, kid!)

alantani

welcome.  nice collection!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

E komo Mai Wes. That's one nice castin collection you got there.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Wes, welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...that's a nice group of reels you have there! ::)

Nessie Hunter

Welcome, welcome and welcome   (I missed a few)....   ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Nessie Hunter on August 27, 2012, 04:20:46 PM
Welcome, welcome and welcome   (I missed a few)....   ;D

X2 for me, too. Or is it two? ;D     Anyway welcome to the site!
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

MauiWes

Hey Rob,

I've been to Redding several times over the years for the NFAA Marked Animal Championships (target archery). Straight Arrow Bowhunters has an awesome range up Swasey Drive. Nice people. One year I'll bring along a rod and reel and give the old Sac a try!

Norcal Pescador

Wes,
This has been a great year on the Sac for salmon!  Shasta Lake has been good for kokanee, trout and bass, and Whiskeytown for kokanee. Bring your boat - I'm no help. :-\

I've been to Straight Arrow, nice place although I'm not an archer.
Rob
Rob

nazeem6401

hi alan
thanks for having me. im nazeem davids from cape town, south africa. im chuffed to be part of such a global group all pursuing a passtime is so enjoyable and laid-back. here in south africa and particularly here at the southernmost point of africa in cape town, we really enjoy our fishing. i havnt repaired a reel myself yet but im willing to learn. ive got 5 reels, 3 grinders and 2 multipliers. i enjoy saltwater shore fishing for edibles using a few rods from 5' to 14'.

redsetta

Welcome Nazeem.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

LBG Saul

Welcome Nazeem from your antipodean brothers in New Zealand!

Irish Jigger

Welcome aboard Nazeem, wer'e all here to help each other.

Norcal Pescador

Welcome Nazeem. I too prefer saltwater edibles over freshwater. :) Enjoy your stay with us.
Rob