Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alasgun, PhillyJoe, Rcscherz210, Paul Roberts, UKChris1 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

foakes

Welcome aboard, Marcus --

We look forward to your posts.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

glad you finally made it over!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tiddlerbasher

markey220

thanks for all your kind words.

alantani

got a couch for any of us to crash on?  east coast blue fin is on my bucket list!

Alto Mare

Welcome aboard Russ and Marcus... enjoy your stay.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bob from RI

Hello crew and thank you Alan.  Your site (and this user community) is an amazing resource!

My name is Bob, and my wife, dog and I live and work full time in Newport, RI.  When we aren't at work, we have a decent sailboat racing habit with a fledgling fishing infatuation . . . life could be worse!  This past summer was our first year with a powerboat, and while the coastal black sea bass and tautaug fishing was fun and great eating, we're looking forward to hunting bluefish, striper, and some of the more exciting seasonal visitors.

But more than anything we enjoy spending time on the water.  We play safe, carefully considering our outfitting, boat maintenance, and taking it slow, but our adventures will take us as far as Nantucket and Block Island once it warms up!

Super stoked that there are technical minded folk to learn from, because it ain't cheap, and I like to make my equipment and boat gear last.  Looking forward to putting up a solid write-up of an Okuma Andros A5Ns single (2015-16 variant) once it hits my porch!

Bob.

foakes

Glad to nave you and your wife on board, Bob!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

bob, welcome.  it's always good to have the input of others!

Alto Mare

Welcome Bob, looks like you'll fit right in...enjoy your stay with us and thanks for joining.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Welcome Bob.
Good bunch of folks here. ;)
Life is Good!

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Tiddlerbasher

swill88

Hey Bob... welcome!

Steve

Steve Y

Hi, my name is Steve Y. Been a fan of Newell reels since 1979. Always used 200,300&400 reels. I still repair friends reels. I still hav a lot to parts. Currently I'm using only P533F reels. Favorite reel now is a V521. Yes I saw the reel on E-Bay. Here in Hawaii I do a lot of bait casting. Try to fish once a week. Love to fish.