Pleasant Surprise

Started by Bill B, January 07, 2017, 12:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

I came home from work earlier this week and a GOOD friend of mine came by to say Merry Christmas as we havent seen each other since Thanksgiving, he pulled this 113HLW and rod from his truck and gave it to me  :o.....he's a locksmith by profession and has a business account with a local pawn shop (btw the same one where I got the Nep-Tuna), so he gets merchandise at their cost......The sales sticker reads Fenwick Rod.....but I cannot read any makers mark as this has been customized with new threading, but does have the originals owners nickname "The Kid" on it, rod measures 8'2" and 9 fancy guides.....opened the reel to find HT-100's....WoooHooo  :D.....gonna have to replace the gear sleeve though, the sleeve shows some pretty good dings from the drag washers.....I can only speculate but I bet this combo has tussled with some large sturgeon as the drags had some glazing that needed a good brushing to renew.....It's heart warming to have such good friends at home and here at AT.com....Bill

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

gstours

Yes good friends are nice to have,   I cant afford very many tho? ;)    Thanks for sharing the picture....

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

How lucky can one get?  Good for you.  What is the water level now?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.