Shimano baitrunner small size?

Started by lifeofRiley, January 17, 2017, 07:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lifeofRiley

Hey guys, just wondering what the smallest size baitrunner shimano makes or has made is? Thanks
15 2, 15 4, pair for 6, knobs is 7

Tiddlerbasher

I believe it's the Baitrunner BTRST2500FB - capacity approx. 100yds of 12lb mono

Rancanfish

I'm pretty sure I recall seeing a 150 model on the bay.

I have two of the 250 qnd they are small, so I remember thinking a 150 would be tiny.

Yes, there is currently a listing for some paperwork covering the 150,250, etc.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Midway Tommy

BT150 - Early 1980's - 5.2 to 1 gear ratio; 11.5 oz.; line capacity lbs(yds)  4(250), 6(140), 8(100)

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

As we look at that schematic --

Outside of parts manufactured out of typical Shimano Unobtanium (no longer replaceable without a decent donor reel for key parts) -- we can began to realize why I do not work on these.

Been there, done that, already got the shirt...

Nice example of a new one, Tommy!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

philaroman

yup, trying to salvage a BT-300 with MLX(MIX?) parts...  pretty sure I have everything -- just need to whittle down the long A/R cam into a short one

on the plus side, I should be able to get rid of the stupid casting trigger & convert from self-centering to multi-point A/R, like the bigger BT's AND the MLX donated nice brass main-gear bushings to replace the bearings in a Dunkin' Stradic, LOL

BTW, methinks there was a BT-200, as well -- same body as 150; bigger rotor/spool

Midway Tommy

Never heard of a BT-200. 1980's BT-150, 250, 300, 350, 450, 650.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

lifeofRiley

I was just asking because there is an Okuma reel that copied the baitrunner that is getting popular with ice fishermen. I was going to look for a shimano reel as I prefer them, but the okuma comes in a 20 size and I think that's the smallest "bait feeder" reel available now. Smaller is better in ice fishing most of the time. Thanks for the replies!
15 2, 15 4, pair for 6, knobs is 7