Servicing a Coronado

Started by Alto Mare, January 14, 2017, 05:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

That reel is worth much more that the listed value in Mikes book. The right collector would pay several hundred for that super rare configuration Coronado.

This is the part of collecting that makes me cringe, knowing such a rare reel is being used to fish. It happens more than people think, mainly because the owner has no idea of it's rarity.

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

foakes

Quote from: Maxed Out on January 15, 2017, 06:16:21 PM

That reel is worth much more that the listed value in Mikes book. The right collector would pay several hundred for that super rare configuration Coronado.

This is the part of collecting that makes me cringe, knowing such a rare reel is being used to fish. It happens more than people think, mainly because the owner has no idea of it's rarity.

-Ted

Agree, 100%...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Maxed Out on January 15, 2017, 06:16:21 PM

-Ted
It all depends on the individual. If that person wants to catch a fish for one last time on an extremely rare reel, knowing it would give him great pleasure,  that would be up to him, especially if money is no object.
With that said, I told Benny if he fishes this reel, he's nuts. Benny agreed to put it on a shelf.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Penn Chronology

QuoteIt all depends on the individual. If that person wants to catch a fish for one last time on an extremely rare reel, knowing it would give him great pleasure,  that would be up to him, especially if money is no object.
With that said, I told Benny if he fishes this reel, he's nuts. Benny agreed to put it on a shelf.

Benny knows better.

Ted, I don't remember putting a value on this particular reel. The price guide value were aimed at standard reels, not the oddball ones like this. I have seen an Ocean Side done this way and maybe a half dozen Coronado's like this. They are rare. Selling one would depend on presentation and what buyers showed up for the auction. Would really be impossible to put a value on it.