Request permission to come aboard

Started by USN_ED, September 05, 2016, 05:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USN_ED

Quote from: foakes on September 11, 2016, 09:54:53 PM
My wife's Aunt Barbara was in charge of 4 California County Library systems during her career, before retiring to Bremerton, Washington.

Her first assignment was the County Library in Alturas -- back in the 40's.

Nice area, big bucks, think it is still an X Zone.  Seen some very large racks during Archery Season.

Best,

Fred

That's interesting about your wife's Aunt Fred.  The deer hunting here is good and all the Deer Zones here are X-Zones.  My place is in X-2 but when I draw a tag, it's usually for X-1.
ED

USN_ED

I'll ask around Alan.  There's a 35,000/40,000 acre ranch here called Alturas Farms that use to give out Trespass Permits for varmint shooting.  I'll check with them the next time I get out that way and see if they still do.  Their farm/ranch runs from Alturas all the way south through the Madeline Plains - about fifty miles.
ED

Bryan Young

Quote from: alantani on September 12, 2016, 12:07:31 AM
Quote from: USN_ED on September 11, 2016, 05:25:36 PM
Yes, Alturas is in the High Desert.  Alturas is just across the Warner Mountains (about 18 miles) from Ceaderville where Alan went squirrel shooting last year.

ok, gotta ask!  any places to shoot up there? 
Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing. On the way back from Klamath Falls😉
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

jimcat

C'mon aboard ya old salt...or is that ya old fresh water....either way you belong...Go Army!

Gfish

Ed do you know if the Dry Creek Fire Station(BLM) is still down there on H-395 between Likely and Madeline?
Great times for me there in the early 80's. Love them Warner mountains too.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gunrunner

Welcome Ed these are a great bunch of guys
Very helpful there friendly and always have time
And a answer I have only been here a short
Time and they have made me feel very welcome
All I can say is I hope to make you feel as welcome as
They did me I'm sure you're going to like it here

Scott

theswimmer

Welcome !
Lake Almanor is just a hop , skip and a jump away.
I live in the Central Sierra Nevada but have a place at Almanor.
I always welcome company when I am up.
Best,
Jonathan
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn