501 Conversion

Started by Reel 224, January 13, 2017, 06:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

Very nice. I too like the 501 size much better. Ill have 2 done one day.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Reel 224

Quote from: foakes on January 14, 2017, 04:14:20 PM
Nice to see a Master at his good works --

Even though we have exceptional products from various talented sources within our family -- the project pieces are made better by the skill of a gunsmith and reel-smith.

It is beautiful, Joe --

Best Always,

Fred

Thank you Fred for that generous complement, but I don't pretend to put myself in the category of You,Sal,Alan and others that have been doing this for a long time. I'm just a novice that is learning from you guys.

Thank you for being so generous with your sharing your knowledge on this site and the people that produce the parts to do so.

Joe   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

coastal_dan

Beautiful!  I too love red 😜  Well done.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

mo65

Great job Joe...she's a dandy! Nice work under the hood too! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

mizmo67

Sweet! Came out purdy.

Have almost all the pieces for mine now...just have to stop being sick and get to my bench to assemble it!
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Reel 224

Quote from: mizmo67 on January 19, 2017, 05:27:52 PM
Sweet! Came out purdy.

Have almost all the pieces for mine now...just have to stop being sick and get to my bench to assemble it!

Mo: when I'm in the area I will bring that reel for you to see. My nephew lives in town.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

mizmo67

Quote from: Reel 224 on January 19, 2017, 07:53:21 PM
Quote from: mizmo67 on January 19, 2017, 05:27:52 PM
Sweet! Came out purdy.

Mo: when I'm in the area I will bring that reel for you to see. My nephew lives in town.

Joe

Nice! Sure, stop on by. Right now we are still in the bait & tackle building. Depending on when it is, we might be over in the new office.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Reel 224

Went to see Mo this afternoon and brought the 501. We chatted and talked about the 501 Mo is working on, I also perched 3 Penn mag systems which one is going into the 501.

I can't say enough about Mo and Scott and there hospitality, they are great people who are making it great to do business with parts for the Penn heads at the Alan T family.

Joe