Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

My dad got me a garcia 622 $25 at a yard sale,,,, :D then he tells me he had a penn so i had to go back and for $25 500s with a custom fenwick rod,,,,,,,, ;D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Benni3

Benni3

I got 1 cat 4 hybrids and marlo 6 hybrids 1 cat today,,,,, :D and i missed a flathead i think,,,, :-\ when i hooked him he took off and i felt the hook pop loose,,,,,, ;) but thats fishing,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 1 cat today on 8lb,,,,, ;) and marlo 6hybirds,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 6 marlo got 6 today,,,,,,, ;) the cove was on fire the first hour then got slow one big hybrid i got all the way up to pier but was blocked and he got off,,,, :D but thats ok,,,,,,,, ;D

thorhammer

Looks like the bite has picked up!

Gfish

Looks like maybe the Fall "turn-over" is gettin the fish in gear.

Great find with the 500S & old Fenwick. You just got those, but do like one over the other(622 vs 500S)?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

thorhammer

Quote from: Benni3 on September 25, 2021, 08:07:51 PM
My dad got me a garcia 622 $25 at a yard sale,,,, :D then he tells me he had a penn so i had to go back and for $25 500s with a custom fenwick rod,,,,,,,, ;D

500S. S stands for stole. :)

Benni3

Thanks my friends,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 4 and marlo got 5 today,,,,, :D nothing big yet,,,,,,, ;D

thorhammer

Quote from: Gfish on September 28, 2021, 01:27:08 PM

Great find with the 500S & old Fenwick. You just got those, but do like one over the other(622 vs 500S)?

Greg,

I'll let Benni weigh in as they are his, but having both, the 500S IMO is superior- I have the three Mitchell sizes and all are notorious for cracking around the bridge area of the plate- even if only cosmetic in depth. The S also generally has chromed innards and steel main, and gets a lot better free spool. plus there's the parts availability...as far as use for light bottom fishing or trolling, probably perform about the same, tho I haven't personally compared the drag stacks. I'd probably equate the Mitchell's to an Ocean City. Nothing wrong with them for general use though, I trolled lead core on the 602 and 622 back in the day.

John

Benni3

Quote from: thorhammer on September 29, 2021, 12:15:02 PM
Quote from: Gfish on September 28, 2021, 01:27:08 PM

Greg,

I'll let Benni weigh in as they are his, but having both, the 500S IMO is superior- I have the three Mitchell sizes and all are notorious for cracking around the bridge area of the plate- even if only cosmetic in depth. The S also generally has chromed innards and steel main, and gets a lot better free spool. plus there's the parts availability...as far as use for light bottom fishing or trolling, probably perform about the same, tho I haven't personally compared the drag stacks. I'd probably equate the Mitchell's to an Ocean City. Nothing wrong with them for general use though, I trolled lead core on the 602 and 622 back in the day.

John
This 500 had a aluminum spool so i got it,,,,, ;) but when holding the rod im like this nice,,,,,  :D and he said i custom built it my self and it is a nice set up,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 4 hybrids 1cat,,,,marlo 5 hybrids and my dad 7 hybrids 1sunny,,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

You guys have been slaying them.  What's that rod you're holding.