Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Crow

I guess Illinois isn't the only state that wants to know everything a person does !

The river is finally starting to come up, a bit, here...the "fall rains" have greened things up....at least the stuff that lived through the drought !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

oc1

I think all states keep close tabs on boats because it is a good source of personal property taxes.  A grand piano can cost as much as a boat but you do not continue to pay taxes on it for life.

Benni3

Quote from: Crow on October 28, 2021, 05:23:07 PM
     I guess Illinois isn't the only state that wants to know everything a person does !

The river is finally starting to come up, a bit, here...the "fall rains" have greened things up....at least the stuff that lived through the drought !
Glad to here the river is coming up,,,,, ;) hope you some big ones,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on October 28, 2021, 07:44:16 PM
I think all states keep close tabs on boats because it is a good source of personal property taxes.  A grand piano can cost as much as a boat but you do not continue to pay taxes on it for life.
Yes,,,, I have been trying to pay the taxes on my boat,,,, :-\ but something is wrong at the game department and when I call the city there like what you're trying to pay your taxes that's a first,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 1 small trout today,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

A very autumn-like photo.

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on October 29, 2021, 05:35:14 AM
A very autumn-like photo.
Thanks my friend,,,,,,, :D I got 2 and Larry got bunch today,,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

Another fly rod with a spinning reel.

Jim Fujitani

Reminds me of a guy I knew (I won't name him here) that fished the Mad River in the mid 70's.  He plunked small bits of roe for steelhead, using mono on a fly rod and single action Pflueger Medalist fly reel.  He was a great fisher, but not a fly fisherman.  The set up provided him with "better feel" and contact with his bait.  He even fought fish by hand-stripping rather than using the reel.

Benni3

Quote from: Jim Fujitani on October 30, 2021, 03:54:18 PM
Reminds me of a guy I knew (I won't name him here) that fished the Mad River in the mid 70's.  He plunked small bits of roe for steelhead, using mono on a fly rod and single action Pflueger Medalist fly reel.  He was a great fisher, but not a fly fisherman.  The set up provided him with "better feel" and contact with his bait.  He even fought fish by hand-stripping rather than using the reel.
Yes the light tip is great for better feel but is looks like for smaller spinners a stiffer tip is better,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on October 30, 2021, 06:50:14 AM
Another fly rod with a spinning reel.
I got a new phone,,,,,, ;) I can now zoom in on wildlife ,,,,,, ;) with some luck I can get better pictures than this with the old camera,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 2 trout yesterday,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 1 small trout and 1 redeye today,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 3 today,,,,,, ;D