Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

That brookie is a pretty fish! You are doing way better than I am, Benni....the fishing here on the island is really bad...for me, anyway!...this year...but I still have about 5 more weeks in paradise, before it's time to go north!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

handi2

Quote from: Benni3 on February 11, 2023, 07:58:14 AM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 10, 2023, 08:37:15 PMYou Go Benni! :al
Thanks man,,,, ;) I got 2 today  but Larry got the big one,,,, ;D

As all fishermen say it's bigger than it looks
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Benni3

Quote from: handi2 on February 17, 2023, 09:13:28 AM
Quote from: Benni3 on February 11, 2023, 07:58:14 AM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 10, 2023, 08:37:15 PMYou Go Benni! :al
Thanks man,,,, ;) I got 2 today  but Larry got the big one,,,, ;D

As all fishermen say it's bigger than it looks
Another small trout today,,,, ;)  but that's ok,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I was going to paint the inside  of my camper shell today,,,, :)  but nothing was going right I needed a gallon of paint reduceder $26 is what I have been paying,,,,the first place I stopped at $73,,,,, :o so I called 3 other places $55,,,, ??? And then I called keystone automotive $36 delivered to my house tomorrow,,,,, :D a bad day working just stop and go fishing,,,,,,, ;D

Crow

Yeah, it seems any type of "chemical" stuff you buy is both reely expensive, and reely hard to find. I have been having issues with "garden stuff"...prices on most things have doubled in the last year.
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

I got 7 today,,,, ;) it's just before the storm the fish bite,,,,,l ;D

Hardy Boy

Nice !! Fried trout instead of possum tonight !! :d

Todd
Todd

Benni3

Quote from: Hardy Boy on February 28, 2023, 04:25:10 PMNice !! Fried trout instead of possum tonight !! :d

Todd
They stocked 1 part of the river yesterday I got 1 and they stocked the other part today,,,, I got 2 it was raining but Larry showed up and then gene came by and wanted me to fix his bicycle seat I didn't think I had the right torque bit and didn't but I made it work and he was very happy,,,,,, ;) I got to see some wildlife it was a good day,,,,,, ;D

Shellbelly

My son came down for a few days and we got into a few reds in the surf.  Fishing was slow and these fish are the results of moving from hole to hole up and down the beach.  That's the way it goes sometimes.  Those fish range from 25-32".  Over 28" has to be tagged and does not count toward your 3-fish limit.  You get two tags/year.  I'll tag a 29-34" fish, but the larger reds just aren't that good to eat.  Best to let 'em go and make more reds.  Redfish populations have been doing really well for many years now. A really stout fish that runs, fights hard, and is beautiful to see in its full color.  Fantastic action in shallow water.  You hook 20-30 of these in a day and you'll feel it for the next couple of days...and love it.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Brewcrafter

Sweet!  I don't think we have anything like that here on the left coast but those look FUN and it looks like you nailed them! - john

Benni3

I got 1 today,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 4 today,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 9 today nothing big,,,,, ;D

Brewcrafter

Benni you have been dominating the last few days!  Guess the water finally started to go down? - john

Shellbelly

Quote from: Brewcrafter on March 06, 2023, 03:37:07 AMSweet!  I don't think we have anything like that here on the left coast but those look FUN and it looks like you nailed them! - john

There are freshwater "hybrids".  You should look into it.  I know of 3 lakes in TX that are stocked, but I don't think the hybrids breed.  They aren't tolerant of cold water and go belly-up dormant in freezing conditions.

I don't know the current record, but 50+" reds are not unheard of.  56" is the largest I've seen.  Anyone who seriously targets these will land a 40" fish on occasion.   
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)