Dam Quick , as you find them

Started by theswimmer, January 26, 2017, 05:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

Great bargain, difficult to find one of those for $40.00.

wailua boy

I just received this XE-130. Im moderately happy with this reel given the cost(less than $10). It features a aluminum alloy spool, helical gearing and metal body. It holds an additional 20yds compared to a Penn 440 ss. Some components look to be less corrosion resistant but with a little maintenance; i think this reel could last a while

basto

Amazing how similar that reel is under the side plate to a Shakespeare 2400
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

theswimmer

Quote from: wailua boy on May 07, 2018, 11:53:06 PM
I just received this XE-130. Im moderately happy with this reel given the cost(less than $10). It features a aluminum alloy spool, helical gearing and metal body. It holds an additional 20yds compared to a Penn 440 ss. Some components look to be less corrosion resistant but with a little maintenance; i think this reel could last a while

What a bargain , for under $10 ,  Winner!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

handyandy

Quote from: 1badf350 on May 01, 2018, 05:57:18 PM
I found this little guy at a flea market for $4.00

What can't believe you found that good looking of a 110 for four bucks very jealous. Never seen one of those 444's very neat reel.

festus

Here's one of the very few I've been able to find locally, a DAM Quick 110N. It reels very stiff, I already popped the side plate, it most likely has the original 40-45 year old grease, just needs taken apart, cleaned, and lubed.

festus

Got this pair for parts only.  The 110 was missing the screw that holds the spool shaft to connector or it's maybe hidden in a gob of grease. Also missing a drag washer.  The 550 is missing a c-clip, or ditto, probably also hidden in a sea of grease.  ::)

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

oldmanjoe

::)  Found something to keep me busy while it rains the next couple of days  .   Rock solid 110.
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

festus

I saw this nasty one on ebay for cheap a few days ago I passed. ::)

oldmanjoe

Quote from: festus on June 01, 2018, 12:54:05 PM
I saw this nasty one on ebay for cheap a few days ago I passed. ::)
That`s the one , though i would rescue it and give it some love .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

festus

I thought about it, but already have two 110 so I changed my mind.

mo65

That old dried up waxy grease will peel right off Joe...she'll clean up just fine. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

oldmanjoe

Quote from: mo65 on June 01, 2018, 07:14:47 PM
   That old dried up waxy grease will peel right off Joe...she'll clean up just fine. 8)
Wax      That was the only thing that was easy .      I have enough sea salt for a hamburger and french fries...

festus

Please keep us posted with pics of the finished product, Joe.  Looked like all the parts were there.