259 Live Bait Caster/99 Width River King

Started by mo65, January 31, 2017, 12:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoked4fishin

Great job on a great reel!  Very nice indeed.

mo65

I'll be taking this reel out on the river next weekend, hope I can hook something big enough to make him sweat.  I spooled up with this new "catfish" line...sure looks cool!  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

mo65

This awesome acrylic knob looks right at home on the River King with it's orange mono. Hope it don't spook the hillbillies down at the dam...HA!! 8)

thorhammer

Reel 224

MO; do you have two knobs? The second picture looks like a longer knob.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

mo65

Quote from: Reel 224 on July 10, 2018, 06:16:58 PM
MO; do you have two knobs? The second picture looks like a longer knob.

Joe

Hmm...must be camera angle...only have one knob! The top photo is looking down on the knob resting at an angle, shortens the image.

Maxed Out

Wow Mo, can't say I've seen a more stunning 259. The orange "catfish mono" is perfect fit and congrats on finding a worthy reel for that amazing custom orange "Lou knob".
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

"A worthy reel"...that's the key words buddy! I've been waiting patiently for Pro Challenger to restock the orange 501 spools, but Alan told me a few days ago that orange would not return. Well, that sorta threw a blanket over the project I had envisioned for Lou's handle knob. I had it out yesterday, admiring it again, and looked over and saw that River King with it's glowing orange line. Watcha call it? An epiphany?  ;D

farmer56

mo   ...  farmer 56  here    ....   i  believe  i  have  an  orange  spool    but   jigmaster  501  size    ....   yours  for  the  asking  ..... at   sons  place  now  enjoying  new  grandson    born  7-6-18       added  this  mo  did  you  mean 501  or  99  size   

mo65

Quote from: farmer56 on July 11, 2018, 03:13:43 PM
  mo   ...  farmer 56  here    ....   i  believe  i  have  an  orange  spool    but   jigmaster  501  size    ....   yours  for  the  asking  ..... at   sons  place  now  enjoying  new  grandson    born  7-6-18       added  this  mo  did  you  mean 501  or  99  size   

It was a 501 orange spool That Pro Challenger made...you have that one? Name a price for it, or maybe we can trade, I have a few parts hanging around.

xjchad

Quote from: farmer56 on July 11, 2018, 03:13:43 PM

Really cool of you Dennis!  And congratulations on your new grandson!!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Maxed Out

....farmer 56, congrats on new family member

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

farmer56

hey  mo    i  will be  back in  minnesota  sat.    i  will  check  then  ...  but  i  know  i  have  one ....    and  guys  thanks  for the  kind  words   didn't  mean  to  hijack  thread  though.....

farmer56

mo65  have  orange  and  lime  green  501  pro  challenger  spools    unused   never  spooled    .... orange  free  to  you  BUT  i  really  want  a  dam  270  drag  kit    3  -   7    is  making   don't  know what   their  cost is  but  giving  up a  spot  in  line  might  be  too  high  a  price   pay  ...   P M   your  mailing  address  and  the  orange  spool  will  be  mailed out  monday  morning   .....  farmer 56   dennis

gstours

Thanks for the pictures.  That reel makes me wanna stretch the orange line till it's sunset brown.   Nice work.  Good fishing 🎣.  Never get old.🐟