Started by Shark Hunter, December 14, 2015, 05:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatTuna

Looks pretty damn good. That's the next skill I need to learn. 

foakes

Those 209s are a great little reel.

Nice work, Daron.

We use them up around our area for lead core trolling for Browns, Rainbows, or Kokanees.

The spool will hold all 10 colors.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bluefish69

I picked up a New in Box 209 a few weeks ago. I can't wait to crack it open.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

day0ne

Quote from: FatTuna on February 06, 2016, 03:12:26 AM

I like that knob upgrade. What kind of knob is that Daron? I have yet to do a knob upgrade yet but I have the perfect reel picked out.

Looks like one of the ones from ebay sold by "fishincomfort"
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

FatTuna

Quote from: day0ne on February 06, 2016, 05:40:05 AM

I like that knob upgrade. What kind of knob is that Daron? I have yet to do a knob upgrade yet but I have the perfect reel picked out.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

FatTuna

Quote from: day0ne on February 06, 2016, 05:40:05 AM

It was the fishincomfort. Going to grab one tomorrow.

Mattman NZ

Excellent work Daron .

Rgds

Matt... 

basto

Hi Daron
Great little reel. I picked up a 210 recently. First one I ever heard of or have seen. Got it cheap as someone pulled the level wind off it. Parts on the way.
I was surprised to find a 500 drag in it.

DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

thorhammer

I love the 210 and 10's; still fish them often (as often as I fish anyway). ballbearings, bigger pieces, and faster retrieve than 9's and 209's. great reels.

AlasKen

I have a couple of 209's.  I went through one and got it all serviced and put it on a mid sized Cabela's Whuppin Stick (Ugly Stick knock off) for my 6 year old granddaughter.  That way she has a "real" fishing pole just like her Papa.  And if it goes for a swim not out a lot.  I have caught some decent salmon and rockfish with a 209.  When I started it was my trolling option with downriggers with a Cabela's 8' innerflow rod.  It served the cause well.  I still like the innerflows but I pair them with a Shimano Charter Special.

mo65

I was back here surfin' the archives again and found this thread about Daron's 209...and it looks just like my 209! Mine is bone stock...but tight. I like Daron's upgrades...great job! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~