Darn Ebay reel!!

Started by basenjib123, March 02, 2019, 06:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basenjib123

Got a DQ Junior for a song on Ebay...so I thought,  While tearing it down I discovered that somebody stripped the Bevel Pinion Nut!!  Got the reel for 5 bucks plus shipping so I guess I cannot really complain, just frustrating.  Looks like its a one piece deal too ..Pinion and the shaft together? .. anyone know?   Guess it goes into the parts category,  I will score another one someday I'm sure.  Don't drop your guard on ebay and keep expectations low...LOL!!!

1badf350

In before title change.  ;D
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

basenjib123

foakes

Let me know what you need, Joe —

Might have more NOS DQ Junior parts than everyone else in the world — combined...

Direct from the Motherland...

Photos always help posted on our site — so I can see what you are referring to — and so everyone can contribute as well as learn.

Just post and let me know, and I can send them your way.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Ron Jones

Fred, I'm so glad you are with us; but, man, maybe it's time to talk to someone about your issue?:)
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

basenjib123

Ok Fred,  will do asap.  its guys like you that make this forum so awesome,  Thanks..Joe.

foakes

Quote from: Ron Jones on March 02, 2019, 07:27:55 PM
Fred, I'm so glad you are with us; but, man, maybe it's time to talk to someone about your issue?:)
The Man

My wife gave up a long time ago, Ron!

No one else is going to make a dent...

Just fortunate to have a lot of parts — for the reels I appreciate — all organized and able to help others with.

True story, when some of the older retired German engineers from DQ need obscure parts — they call me.

In turn, they have provided me with many parts that are stashed away — but orderly.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

basenjib123

Hi Fred, Send some photos to your email... Thanks.

foakes

OK, Joe —

Am posting your pics for others to see —

Here are the parts you indicated you need, plus a main gear and crank shaft — so they will all mate well together.

Light grease, proper cleaning, syn oil on exterior parts — should be good to go for another 65 years.

I will send out the parts on Monday, N/C.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

basenjib123

Wow Fred,  don't know what to say but THANKS A MILLION.   There is a package heading your way from me.  You should get it on Monday.  Thanks again,  Joe.

happyhooker

Fred, with all your DAM Q parts, you must speak German & celebrate Octoberfest like a native.

Frank