113h/114h senator - short version

Started by alantani, January 25, 2009, 01:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boy

You can add it on top to get the right height. Basically using an extra washer or two on the top to give you the height. Keep your new stack below to get the advantage of the new drag .

Todd
Todd

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ppvj64

At the risk of being put on the biggest blunder of the year award list I took to the things I have done. I was using a spring scale the whole time thinking maybe its a piece of junk I noticed none of the ears on metals were bent and everything I was doing seemed right so i pulled out the digital scale to check the 113hlw before I took it apart and it showed 20 lbs went back to spring scale and low and behold I have been looking at the KG side the whole freekin time:( 8 KG is about 18 lbs. So very sorry about getting everyone all worked up thinking they have something new to figure out while times are slow. Now I have to take 114h apart and yank that extra washer:( good thing these are the easiest reels I have ever worked on and smooth drags are great my brain or eyesight is not
Pete j

Bryan Young

Pete,

No problem.  We have ALL had those moments.  Glad you got it figured out.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

yup, done that a couple of times.   ;D

ppvj64

Pete j

ppvj64

Okay things are not going good on the 114h no mater what I try when I put drag stack in I get the max of 12 lbs and thats if I really tighten down the drag. The stock drag is at least an 1/8 of an inch taller then the 5 stack.
I have tried putting one of the stock fiber washers on the bottom to raise it up and I got 14 lbs then I tried putting the 5 stack in first with the stock drag washer on top and the drag went to 10 lbs
From the pics I put on you can see the differences in drags. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for anymore helpdrags 003.JPGdrags 003.JPGdrags 015.JPGdrags 007.JPGdrags 006.JPGdrags 008.JPG     
Pete j

Hardy Boy

are your original metal washers thicker than the new ones ? .............. if so use those with the carbon fiber washers. I have put extra metal washers on top of the stack to gain thickness also. I don't usually us ethe old washers for spacers.

Cheers:

todd
Todd

alantani

Bryan Young

Would you mind attaching a photo the main gear where the drags go into without the any of the drag washers?  I would like to see how far does the two slots goes down in the main gear as they could also add to the problem as to why you are not getting as much drag as expected.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ppvj64

I will post a pic later but the slots in the gear don't go all the way down but I arranged it so the washers with ears don't touch the bottom of the slots
Pete j

ppvj64

Dawn is sending me thicker washers and if you look at pics you can see the stock drag and the carbon drag side by side. The difference in height is about an 1/8 to 3/16ths of an inch which makes me believe That my star is bottoming out and not applying the pressure that it needs but that's my guess cause as you can see I have been wrong before ;D 
Pete j

Bryan Young

If the star is bottoming out, then you can replace the thinner metal washer with the original  thicker metal washer or stack an original metal washer on the new stack to have equivalent height.

ppvj64

I tried that and it still was not high enough. I got drag up to 15 lbs that way thou and it still felt as if star was bottomed out
Pete j

Brewcrafter

Quote from: ppvj64 on January 11, 2023, 11:00:49 AMI will post a pic later but the slots in the gear don't go all the way down but I arranged it so the washers with ears don't touch the bottom of the slots
I may be stating the obvious (and trust me, I have done this) but in the photos above comparing the heights of the two drag stacks (original and new) the washers are not in the correct order - I am seeing eared metals adjacent to eared metals and likewise keyed metals adjacent to keyed metals.  You mentioned arranging the stack so the eared washers would not bottom out but the entire stack must be in the correct sequence or it will not work to it's fullest.  Not sure if this was just for photo purposes but if this was the order the drag stack was installed in the gear it might help explain the results.  - john