113h/114h senator - short version

Started by alantani, January 25, 2009, 01:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ppvj64

I did just stack them any old way for photo but in when I put stack in gear I believe its right. More photos will be coming soon. Maybe a better idea would be to find a gear with slots bored all the way down?
where would one find that gear?
Pete j

Hardy Boy

Order a new gear set from mystic parts or ss from pro challenger, or from someone on the site here . New ones will have the slot all the way down.

Todd
Todd

ppvj64

Thank you and I did look at the mystic one but I couldn't tell If slots went all the way down
Pete j

ppvj64

I got 2 new CF washers from smooth drag today but only needed 1. I am getting 20.4 LBS of smooth drag so I am calling it good. I really have to cinch it down thou so wondering do Belleville washers go bad? mine barely has a tiny bump and it would be easy to confuse with a flat washer. Again thanks for all the help so far ;) 
Pete j

alantani

you should be good with 15 pounds of drag and straight 50 pound mono.  much more and you've got to start worrying about the gears. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ppvj64

Great to know and thank you for that bit of info. I thought that I was supposed to get 20 lbs and actually that should have been the first question I asked :-\ . Oops 1 more question, How much grease does 1 put on the drag washers like just a little or greasy were its bulging out sides?
Pete j

Bill B

I like to make them greasy but not over flowing.  Too much grease can over flow into the gears and then you might have a comparability issue with dissimilar grease.  If you use Cals for the gears then have at it.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

ppvj64

Pete j

handi2

I wipe the grease off of the washers scrubbing them on a towel. Just like for a lever drag reel.

They are still waterproof like this. The drag will increase
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

ppvj64

Thats pretty much what I do. I just go by what smooth drag says on their web page and its worked great for me so far
Pete j

pitchinwedge

Quote from: ppvj64 on January 15, 2023, 01:52:39 AMwondering do Belleville washers go bad? mine barely has a tiny bump and it would be easy to confuse with a flat washer. 

Want to kick this question along a bit... Once my presets are dialed-in, I store my 2spd lever drags with the lever in the Free position.  I don't back off the preset knob.  Never thought this was a problem until I had the bellevilles go flat(bad) on two reels simultaneously.  Coincidence or something else?

alantani

once in free, all of the pressure is released.  the bellevilles should not flatten out at all.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pitchinwedge

Well, it must be coincidence then.  I've swapped out the Belleville's.  Hopefully the new ones last longer than a season or two.  Appreciate your input Alan!