New 300 & 400 Tranx

Started by Lunker Larry, January 20, 2017, 01:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Cor

Very interesting, thanks for sharing!
Cornelis

MarkT

Better stock up on Curado 300 parts while you can!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

handi2

I read into the improvements and its very nice.

Thanks Larry.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

RUSTY OLD COLT

I was thinking about purchasing a new Tranx 300 for bay fishing here on Long Island . How do you guys feel about this reel compared to the Diawa Lexa  as far as  service ability  I had problems with taking apart Diawa reels in the past with screws heads stripping  on hope this reel is more maintenance friendly

Cor

Quote from: RUSTY OLD COLT on March 05, 2017, 02:36:30 PM
I was thinking about purchasing a new Tranx 300 for bay fishing here on Long Island . How do you guys feel about this reel compared to the Diawa Lexa  as far as  service ability  I had problems with taking apart Diawa reels in the past with screws heads stripping  on hope this reel is more maintenance friendly
I can only comment on the Tranx 500HG of which I have 3 and use them 4/7 days in summer and really put them through their paces.   When I bought the first one I reckoned it won't last and was very expensive.  Believe me I work a reel more in one year then most people would do in a lifetime!

Well, I've had very good service from them and the parts I replaced were no more then I would have expected.   If the new models are as good, then it may be a great reel to own.

They won't suit me because the retrieve rate is too slow for my needs.
Cornelis

MarkT

The high speed versions of the 300/400 have 40" of retrieve per crank. The 500hg gets 43". All 3 low speed/pg versions get 30". I have 2 of the 500hg's. I have a Lexa 400hs-p that gets 37". I haven't had problems getting YT or Wahoo interested with the Lexa.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!