Little History on Spinning Reels

Started by Reel 224, March 03, 2017, 02:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumpie44

Joe,
Went To The Magazine On Line Liked It So Much I Saved In Favorites So I Can Go Back Again,  Had Lots Of Stuff Like Recipes That Made Good Reading. A Large Part Of My Fishing Is Done At My Computer Desk These Days, So Good Stories Are Always a Pleasure. Thanks Again For Posting This, And If You Have More Share It!
Barry :)
Barry
Carpe  Diem   The Days Go Fast

oc1

The part I liked the best is the old photo of the rock hopper on page 26.
-steve

Midway Tommy

Joe, I think it's great you came across the article and saw enough positive in it to post the link here. Thanks!  It has some good information, especially on some of the more recent spinning reels of this day and age. It also has some great photos of some neat old reels which were used for surf fishing in the US back when spin fishing was just coming of age, and many that people may not have known even existed or may never have seen.

My main frustration comes from the fact that most of these writers are getting paid and their facts aren't always right. I wish when people write articles like that in national or regional magazines with numerous subscribers that they would put a little more time and effort into their research. Most of the pertinent historical information is out there somewhere online or in published books. I feel bad for those that read the articles thinking all the information is correct, using or quoting it and later finding out it wasn't quite accurate. At least when stuff like that comes up in an environment like this, ORCA or a few other forums there are usually people with enough knowledge on the subject to dispel most erroneous information.    
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)