Main Menu

Paella

Started by STRIPER LOU, March 08, 2017, 12:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Gracie had some leftover yellow rice with green olives. What a great base for Paella, one of my fav's!

Chicken, smoked sausage, pork, codfish, little neck clams, shrimp, and mussels.

Sauce has onion, green bell pepper, corn, garlic, jalapeƱo, fire roasted tomatoes, white wine, clam juice,  a touch of lime and a pinch of saffron.

I'm a real fanatic when in comes to having seafood cooked to perfection so each item get seasoned with Sazon and cooked about 3/4 of the way.

All ingredients are combined at the end and cooked for several minutes until everything is perfect!

Man O Man, it was some good! We have 2 great restaurant's, Ola's and Costa del Sol that make this dish. Gracie said it was a good if not better for a 3rd of the price.
Finishing off a large glass of Pinot Noir and pretty darn happy. At the moment, the only thing that could top this is a very large bass at the end of a line. Its coming!  ;)  ;D
All have a great evening,  ..  Lou

conchydong

Looks great. Paella is one of my favorites. We use the local stuff with a few exceptions. Fresh firm fish, shrimp, stone crab claws, Crawfish (spiny Lobster) and the not local to my area but still grown in Florida, clams. I also will add some Mussels on occasion but I don't think they come from Florida.

Bon appetite.

Reel 224

Lou: I love that dish, my DIL bought us a Paella kit from LaTendia a few years ago. Gracie, You go girl!! ;) ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

STRIPER LOU

Joe, Lou did the cooking on that one! ;D 

Reel 224

Lou: I'm impressed! :o

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ChileRelleno

Looks so good I tried licking my screen.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Dominick

Love paella Lou.  Next time I'm in Connecticut I'll stop by for some.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

STRIPER LOU

Dom, let me know when your coming. I'll take care of the chow and you bring the Vino!
................Lou

Dominick

You're on...Zin on the list.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.