Shimano Calcutta 400B Knobs

Started by Ruffy, December 31, 2014, 04:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruffy

Hi all,
As they do, the knobs on my Calcutta have turned to a sticky mush. I got it 8 years ago so I am not overly upset, however I would like to replace them with something which won't do the same. I am having trouble finding replacement knobs, does anyone know where I can source these? In aluminium would be sweet! The handle and posts are fine so I don't want to spend extra when I don't need to, worst case scenario I'll just get the same knobs again from Shimano.

Cheers,
Andrew

Zimbass

Those knobs are not easy to find. There are numerous knobs that would fit on there. The Curado 300E knobs are really nice, and would match the reel .Not sure that Shimano would sell these separately, as they only show the handle assembly in their schematic. Call them, their reps are very helpful.

Alternatively, there are reel grips that many are using, and they not only solve the tackiness of the knob, but are good looking. They are inexpensive. Less than $5.00 from most online stores. ( http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Reel_Grips_Pro_Series/descpage-RGPS.html )
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.