let's make sure everyone feels welcomed.

Started by alantani, May 02, 2011, 02:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Kozmo77

WOW!!! Great site- going to be at the top of my list. Will look forward to asking ( or researching) FAQs I have. Been piddlin' w/ Ambassadeurs for a few yrs.  Looking forward for some help on Diawas and Shimonos- gotta love that low profile and snug feel! Also want to learn about braid and the new monos. Read some posts from Fred F. and others- gonna learn some things. Thanks for lettin' me rant Alan. WC ;D ;D

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Come on in Kozmo!
You will like it here. ;)
Life is Good!

theswimmer

Welcome Kosmo,
Several lifetimes worth of info here!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Welcome aboard, Kozmo.... We're practicing tinkerers but we're professional "ranters" so feel free to rant ;)
See ya round,
Dom

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Dominick

welcome now everything is right in the Kosmos.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Reel 224

I wanted to say earlier that everyone here does make you feel welcome and so far I have never felt insulted or looked down upon by anyone here when asking questions about reel service or any other subject for that matter. This site has been a pleasure for me to visit and spend time on learning and reading various posts.lot of knowledge here,and it's great to communicate with such intelligence, and humor "Dominick" ;D   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

fishhead69

This has got to be the best website for the learning reel repair person. If you can't get the answer here then nobody knows the answer. There is never a question that is a dumb question except for the question you don't ask. Alan and all the moderators here are very helpful and eager to share their knowledge of reel repair with you. Don't be insulted if somebody has a different opinion than you do on a certain topic. There is more than one way to skin a cat. A big thank you to Alan and all the other helpful and informative people on this website. I appreciate your help and great wisdom that you provide unselfishly. Keep up the good work.

Flounder Boy 3

Hi, Flounder Boy 3 from Mississippi here.

I've been reviewing many past threads and see that you guys are well over my head.

Right now my primary interest is D.A.M. Quick and Penn spinning reels from the '60s and '70s, with some Mitchell too.

Look forward to learning much here.

Tightlines667

Welcome.
You've come to the right place. 

Read the past posts of interest, and feel free to ask questions for clarification, etc..  If you have specific reels you are working on, and run into troubles just post some pics and someone should be able to help you out.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

foakes

Welcome, FB3 --

Your interests may evolve or change, as you study the posts on this site.

But, for now, there are plenty of folks to help with any of the reels you have mentioned.

All good, solid choices for your reels of interest.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.