Penn Megalodon Senator Reel?

Started by steelhead_killer, March 13, 2017, 02:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Tightlines667

Looks like a 'Shark Hunter Special' to me.  This os only the second one I have seen surface.. then again it may be the same reel.  Tuscon is not terribly far from TX.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

David Hall

Modifying 2-14/0 reels, welding the spools makes it worth 2000?
Going to have to start a new career.

Maxed Out

Just reel and line weighs well over 20#......no thank you !!

$2 grand is better spent on a shark special 20/0 Everol IMO
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Swami805

Looks like a $2000 paper weight for really big paper, nice conversation piece for the fisherman that has everything.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

foakes

I guess these may impress some folks --

Like breeding a German Shepherd with a Chihuahua -- possible, but freaky and weird.

For me though -- just WBS's.

Wanna-Be Specials  for novices or showoffs -- not capable, practical, or realistic for any real fisherman.

IMHO...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Reel 224

Quote from: foakes on March 13, 2017, 04:27:05 AM
I guess these may impress some folks --

Like breeding a German Shepherd with a Chihuahua -- possible, but freaky and weird.

For me though -- just WBS's.

Wanna-Be Specials  for novices or showoffs -- not capable, practical, or realistic for any real fisherman.

IMHO...

Best,

Fred

;D ;D ;D!!

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Shark Hunter

My 20/0 isn't that wide, but I bet the frame won't twist under a heavy load. ;)
Life is Good!

Eddie K

It holds two miles of line!  It is my opinion if the fish can take a mile and a half of line, then it deserves to go free.  I'd like to bet there is some wicked frame twist, probably enough to stop the spool and have the line snap. 

Bill B

OK...would someone just buy one and give us an in=depth eval......and no I wont do it...cuz Im not crazy... ;D ;D ;D  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Shark Hunter

That is a matter of opinion Bill. ;)
Personally, I would not waste my money on this abomination.
Life is Good!