130 Sailfisher, a bit different!

Started by STRIPER LOU, April 10, 2017, 01:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill19803

Broadway     Lou  is never gonna  finish  all of  our handles   because  we   will never  finish  creating  reels   that   need and  deserve   the beauty of a lou  knob

theswimmer

VERY nice work Lou!
I would display as it is.
I like the contrast of gold on silver....
Best,
Jonathan
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Shark Hunter

I like the Silver and Gold look.
Great Job Lou.
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Stunning work Lou

Most people see an extinct reel and parts rare as hens teeth, but you just open a couple drawers and build a rare reel like its a walk in the park. My hat's off to you Mr M.

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

pounder21366

pompano joe

Love it as is Lou!  How did you remove the remaining chrome?  Did you clear coat the finished metal pieces?
Pompano Joe

STRIPER LOU

Joe, I used emery cloth and several grades of wet or dry sandpaper up to 1500g. Lots of elbow grease and White Diamond polish. I didn't clear coat but used a good grade of aircraft wax on all the exposed brass.
Its gonna be a shelfie.

Of course the rings and spool were done in the same way but the lathe really helped speed up the process.

Its seems to draw a lot of attention at the shop. Everyone is curious.

Have a great evening,  ..  Lou

Cor

Cornelis

pompano joe

Thanks for your reply Lou!  I appreciate you sharing your expertise and stellar work!

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on April 25, 2017, 09:56:38 PM
Joe, I used emery cloth and several grades of wet or dry sandpaper up to 1500g. Lots of elbow grease and White Diamond polish. I didn't clear coat but used a good grade of aircraft wax on all the exposed brass.
Its gonna be a shelfie.

Of course the rings and spool were done in the same way but the lathe really helped speed up the process.

Its seems to draw a lot of attention at the shop. Everyone is curious.

Have a great evening,  ..  Lou
Pompano Joe