113MTL

Started by intili, April 04, 2017, 12:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

intili

Guys, how many of the 113MTL reels were really built, and should i use mine or keep it NIB? lets here from others who bought them!

RUSTY OLD COLT

I picked up a new 113MTL about a year ago for my collection  , I believe they were made between 2008 and 2010 then discontinued

RowdyW

There are plenty around, it's not that uncommon. If you have a use for it use it. It will probably do the same job as the Baja which is more popular. It's a good solid reel but it wasn't a popular at the time it was released. I have a new one also, just haven't used it because I have too many other reels to use up first. Like a Penn will ever get used up.  :D            Rudy             

broadway

I would certainly not call it rare but I would also not call it common at all.  Look at the advanced listings on ebay and see how many you find that are NIB.  You could sell it and make a pretty nice reel with the upgrades on this site with that money.  The 113MTL is a collector's item for sure if it's new in the box.
Dom

Sharkin904

I picked my up lightly used. Plan on using it or selling it soon.

coastal_dan

I've read numbers that vary between 600 and 1,100 units.  If it's NIB, I'd say hold on it.  For $175ish you can get a used US Senator or Baja that you could fish and hard at that!  I have an MTL on the shelf and a US113N (with a couple upgrades) for fishing.

The only comparison I can make is the International 6...supposedly there were around 1,000 made and prices vary from $300 on up to people asking $1500+ for them.

Who knows, but time will certainly tell.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Aiala

I've got one pristine NIB, and it drives me a bit nuts that such a sweet reel has to remain a shelfie.  >:(  Guess I'll just sit on it until the eBay lunatics drive the price into the stratosphere, then I'll sell it and buy another gun.  ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

handi2

Ok I'll go ahead and brag.

I have 3 still sealed in the box. I did have 5 but gave 2 to friends when I bought them.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Penn

Approx. 1000 were made.  Now the 114MTL would be a true rare find!  They never made it to market but there were a few passed around out in the field.

tony

broadway

Thanks for the clarification, Tony.  I wanted to say around 1,000 but have only heard that as a rumor and didn't know how much truth there was to that figure.
I had also heard the rumor of the 114MTL and you made it fact when you mentioned it on the tour.  My eyes are always peeled for one. ;)
Thanks
Dom

intili

Thanks All for the input, NUIB it is new...unused...in box!

Bryan Young

Quote from: Penn on April 04, 2017, 07:21:13 PM
Approx. 1000 were made.  Now the 114MTL would be a true rare find!  They never made it to market but there were a few passed around out in the field.

tony

What?  a 114MTL?  the hunt is on!!!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Penn

see attachment :o

coastal_dan

If you look through the 113MTL manual/booklet provided in the box it shows you the versa-drag options for the '114M', pretty neat.  I've heard of numbers around 50 or so.  A modern day rarity for sure.  Has anyone here actually seen one?

Edit: Thanks Tony for posting the schematic!!!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

MarkT

No bridge on these, right?  Everthing is screwed to the side plate with a cover over it?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!