Ming Yang CL-25 "Excalibur"

Started by jgp12000, February 26, 2024, 02:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I just got a Ming Yang CL-25($23) and mounted on a Fin Commander IM6 rod for a crappie rig.The reel only weighs 5 oz. I strung it with some 6lb hi-vis KastKing(yellow) braid.With an 1/8 jig & 3" Tiny Fluke.The bait weight is tuned in perfectly, I can cast it 35 yards now.I haven't caught anything with it yet,but it sure is fun to cast,it may be my new "Excalibur".

Ron Jones

Looks like fun!
Catching a fish on 6# test that is 35 yards long is graduate level finesse. Pull just enough...
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

JasonGotaProblem

I think I may try the bass pro version. Ya know, for science.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

oc1

I have the silver CL25's.  That one looks larger.

jgp12000

If I ever see them for $5 again I am going to get enough to share! White elephant gifts if nothing more.Temu delivered it in about 11 days.Years ago( 71') I ordered a 1000 piece  Revolutionary army men set from a  comic book ad.It took 8 weeks the men were 1/2" tall and most wouldn't stand up because the mold scraps were not trimmed.I never sprung for the sea monkeys who knows what I would have received....Amazon 1 day shipping now,we are spoiled !