Bass Pro Carbonlite CL10H Drag

Started by FishermanTom81, April 17, 2017, 08:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishermanTom81

I have no idea why this reel is giving me so many problems as there is nothing to the drag.  I replaced the only non metal drag washer in the reel and I stlll can not get any good drag pressure.  It is not a super line issue.  Can anyone offer any advice as to what else could be wrong?
Tom

oc1

I don't have that exact reel but have some that look like they could have come from the same factory.  I usually have more problem getting a smooth drag than getting enough absolute drag pressure.  How much does the star move before it begins to compress the drag stack?  If there is a lot of play in the star, check the belleville washers for () or )( orientation and try a thicker drag washer or add a third Belleville ()(.

I replace the under-gear washer with a thin 0.5 mm carbontex drag washer.  It usually requires that the main drag washer be replaced with one a little thinner as well to make the stack fit correctly.  There are valid discussions here about why you should not do this and the advantages of using something slick like delrin under the main gear.  But, on small reels like this with a single drag washer it helps make the drag smoother.  
-steve