passing of a Ohana farourite Son

Started by Donnyboat, April 28, 2017, 12:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indyfisher

Rest in peace Wallace. Your time here was certainly filled with a lot of fun adventures and happiness, that's the important part of life: enjoy every second you can. My condolences to the family and friends of this great gentleman.

Donnyboat

this is a medallion that Wallace won, as New South Wales, Australia, State champion 1996, I made a mistake in the Hammerhead ( last picture ) it should have been 24Kg, not 27 sorry, I have one more picture to post, in this Ohana post then I am going to print the rest of it out & hand it to Elizabeth, possibly this coming weekend, cheers Don.

Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Photo of Wallace, not sure if he is smiling, about the 18Kg line he caught these trevally with, or his budgie smugglers, Okay, that was the last photo I have so if anyone wonts to reply before I print, what I haven't already printed, possibly on Friday, thanks & cheers Don.

Don, or donnyboat

broadway

I have to say, I sure wish I got to know Wallace in person.  He sure seems like a heck of a guy, and one hell of a good fisherman.  Not only could he catch fish that only most of us dream of, but he could do it wearing a marble bag or dressed like a business man with his suspenders.  Elizabeth, my heart goes out to you and your family for your loss.
We will surely miss him as well.
Dom

Shark Hunter

I hope this gives you some Closure Liz.
Wally will be sorely missed around here.
I wish You and your family only the best during this rough time.
We will all meet again on the other side. ;)
Love,
Daron
Life is Good!

Donnyboat

Wal had this fish in his Photo albun, it is a 27LBS venus tusk fish, caught on artificial reef Hervey Bay, Daran ( shark Hunter ), you mentioned a bit about Wallace drag invention, would you like to elaborate on that subject some more before I close & print every thing, I have tried to find it in the past posts, with Know success, cheers Don.

Don, or donnyboat

Shark Hunter

It was a project that many were involved in. Mainly Sal.
Wallace came up with a different configuration for the drag stack.
Unfortunately, his pictures don't show up.
I remember him posting pictures of him lifting heavy objects with his 750 and 850ss,
I will try and find them, but I think his photobucket is disabled now.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12413.0
Life is Good!

Donnyboat

Hi Daron, thanks for posting that, Sal & Wallace were always thinking of impoving reels, when I first met Wal he said all the Ohana family are great, But sal is a really nice honest man, Sal you are gospel to us all, thanks for sharing all your wisdom, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Thanks every one that has repied to this post, Elizabeth said thanks to you all, Justin I gave you a mention & she remembers you well, maybe you spoke to Wal on skype like many of the Ohana family,
      This last picture demonstrates, that a true fisher man, know matter what size fish your catching, you still have a smile from Ear to Ear, -May you rest in piece old mate cheers Don.

Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Okay every one I have printed every thing, will take it to liz, the middle of this coming week, thanks every one, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

redsetta

Thanks Don - I hope it's a nice remembrance for Liz and the family.
Wallace left a big mark here.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Shark Hunter

I know it is a little late, but I found this post from Wallace in all his Glory!
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=14319.0
Life is Good!