Okuma Cedros CJ65 rotor is crack

Started by Marko, August 01, 2012, 06:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triay85

I have this reel too, and not happy at all. Been using it for spinning and the bail arm kept on getting loose until once it flew into the sea just after casting. I had another one the CJ85 and this one has locked up after only just a few sessions of medium/heavy spinning.

What are they like for a complete novice to work on and try to fix?

alantani

contact the okuma people and see if they can help you out.  they are not hard to work on, but there is one critical trick to the the reel, lining up the gears (small hole to red dot), and you can mess up the gears if you don't get it right.  the rotor gear is eliptical and has to be lined up properly. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

triay85

I need to contact okuma since i need a replacement bearing. The amount of salt build up with mushy grease inside was incredible!

Thanks for the heads up on aligning the gears Alan, i'll be sure to remember

triay85

Alan,

sorry to be a pain and for hijacking this thread...   Its just that the anti-reverse of this reel is really frustrating me.

I've put everything back together just as it was, spring included etc.... but the anti-reverse does not seem to kick in.

would you have any ideas why?

when i toggle the switch on & off, i can see the mechanism with  the spring work and move but then when i test it, it does not work

alantani

wierd.  i can't even find the schematic.  it's been over a year since i cracked mine open.  if it is the style of AR bearing that i think it is, i would have been very careful to leave the bearing intact.  this might be a good time to send it to okuma for service.  they might even be able to upgrade the drag for you.  let me know if you can find a schematic on line.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

lovre

Hi guys...

I'm new here, and joined cause it seems like a nice place to share and solve problems with reels :)

I have similar problem with my Salina ii, I cannot unscrew handle. I bought it second hand and reel is in decent state, but handle is stuck and cannot be unscrewed.

Do you have some sugestions what I could do ?

thanks

Tiddlerbasher

If it's similar to the Cedros it will unscrew clockwise for a left hand wind (left handed thread). For a right hand wind you need the additional handle shaft which will tighten up clockwise (right hand thread).