Hardy Altex no.1 mk IV complete teardown and refurbish!

Started by Woodbilly, April 30, 2024, 01:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjones, Robert Janssen, OhReely and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Woodbilly

Quote from: quang tran on Today at 06:46:43 AMHow much time they spent to make a reel like this .It's amazing that most of parts seem to make by hand tool

True! That's why I love stripping these old reels down. It's like going back in time at the workbench.

oldmanjoe

:)  I have always gravitated towards mechanisms , love the looks and appreciate the thought process that went to build them .  I try not to polish them to much , it make it much easier to slap them on a stick and fish them ...      Again nice work .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Woodbilly

Quote from: oldmanjoe on Today at 12:21:03 PM:)  I have always gravitated towards mechanisms , love the looks and appreciate the thought process that went to build them .  I try not to polish them to much , it make it much easier to slap them on a stick and fish them ...      Again nice work .

I use em no matter how nice or rare.