Abu Ambassadeur 6600rcn hc

Started by Indyfisher, June 19, 2017, 01:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indyfisher

I haven't seen one of these in a tutorial so I did a quick take apart and mid season service.

Indyfisher

More... In the pic of the drag stack I didn't notice they were out of order until posting. Fiber, keyed, fiber, eared, fiber, top plate. Sorry ;)

Indyfisher

Spool brake...

Indyfisher

Spool bearings and more...

Indyfisher

Clicker side and worm gear...

Indyfisher

Final clean up and assembly, I love this reel. IAR bearing with dog for back up. 4.7:1 ratio and very capable caster.

Indyfisher

Made quick work of this striped bass with no problems.

alantani

great post!  send me a pm with your name and address and i'll send you a wrench!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mhc

Nice write up Indy - and a great looking reel, I like the idea of 4.7:1 gear ratio, back up dog, made in Sweden and it looks like it's got a pocket full of bearings in it as well. I haven't looked at ABUs for a while but I thought the records were either 5.3:1 or 6.3:1, do they have a range of speeds available with this model?

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Indyfisher

Mike I'm not sure if they make higher gearing in the 6600 model they also have a 5600 but I believe the gearing is the same in all. 7 bearings plus IAR bearing.

hurt locker

Quote from: mhc on June 19, 2017, 08:07:28 AM
Nice write up Indy - and a great looking reel, I like the idea of 4.7:1 gear ratio, back up dog, made in Sweden and it looks like it's got a pocket full of bearings in it as well. I haven't looked at ABUs for a while but I thought the records were either 5.3:1 or 6.3:1, do they have a range of speeds available with this model?

Mike
The Record model # 60 and #61 left handed were 5.3/1 and I believe some the smaller models were  6.3/1. These were the previous Record production models before the New 4.7/1 came into production.