Previous topic - Next topic

Army_of_One

Daron has all the cool toys.  ;)
Another day in Paradise!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Fish67 on June 15, 2017, 01:21:06 AM
Quote from: Army_of_One on June 15, 2017, 12:32:44 AM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 14, 2017, 11:54:18 PM
Mine is double dogged with the coil spring type dog.
I got it from Lee. Accurate Frame and Adam's handle really sets it off.

Can you get a close shot of the second dog for us please?  I would like to see how much he cut out.  I don't have that kind of confidence in myself.  :-\

I was just going to ask myself.  :) there is another member that set his up with a flat spring. Is that just a thin piece of flat metal?

SharkHunter - that is one sweet 112H. I'm thinking about getting a tiburon frame for the 112h. Especially, seeing yours, it's a must.  ;)
There are a couple on here, just look around.
Here is one with the flat spring:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=5473.0
Saltydog did an excellent job.
Here is mine with a post, the 112H is a hard one to keep the coiled spring in place, this option works very nicely:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12441.0
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Fish67

Shark Hunter

Sorry Guys,
I hit the hay early. 12 hour days in this heat takes it out of the old man.
I'll dig my 112H out and see how I did it this weekend.
That was over two years ago.
I know it won't be as nice as Sal's.
Daron
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Yours are just as good Daron, I looked for yours but couldn't find it. There are also a couple with cover plates for the spring, also a very good idea, but I wasn't able to find those as well.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mhc

Here's another solution by Tom (Irish Jigger)  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=6405.0 The pins in the dogs for the springs are a bit beyond my skills.
Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Fish67

I did see that thread as well. Could I use the SS dogs from smooth drag and grind them to fit? what gauge of metal are these SS dogs? I have some metal left over from another project and could possibly use that. I'm also going to order an extra dog from Scott's bait to use as a mock up.

Does anyone know how the side plate could crack like that? too much pressure on the spool or over tightening the bearing nut?

steelfish

double dogs on a 112h is a nice mod and better yet the sound it makes after the job its pretty cool, I still need to upgrade to SS sleeve, tho.

this is mine with Lee (keta) octagon insert

and double dogged with SS Lee dogs one as you know needs to be modified a bit

The Baja Guy

Fish67

Thank you SteelFish! Just need to figure out if I should make the dogs or source them out. Really appreciate everyone's suggestions.

Army_of_One

Quote from: Fish67 on June 15, 2017, 06:40:23 PM
Thank you SteelFish! Just need to figure out if I should make the dogs or source them out. Really appreciate everyone's suggestions.
Lee(Keta) might have them available. He has done all of the other ones on my many different types of reels.
Another day in Paradise!

Fish67

Quote from: Army_of_One on June 15, 2017, 08:13:24 PM
Quote from: Fish67 on June 15, 2017, 06:40:23 PM
Lee(Keta) might have them available. He has done all of the other ones on my many different types of reels.

Thanks bud. I sent Lee a PM. Ordered a few parts for the 112H from Scott's Bait and the knob from Allan C. Really would like to get the new handle and knob before I go out on another salmon trip. I have a few weeks though, as I will be testing my luck in SD next weekend.

Fish67

Just got my new Eva handle from Alan C, and it is schweeet! double dog from Lee is on the way, few parts from scott's bait. Handle should be on it's way as well.

I'm hooked!. I want to hotrod my penn 112H and 113h now. I'm going to hot rod these two slowly. Dawn is sending me a double dog bridge for my 113h. This is pretty addicting.  :)

steelfish

Quote from: Fish67 on June 19, 2017, 10:57:00 PM
............ This is pretty addicting.  :)

another one bite the dust!!

welcome to da club amigo, this is the home of the most upgraded reels and empty wallets
The Baja Guy

Fish67

Quote from: steelfish on June 20, 2017, 01:17:57 AM
Quote from: Fish67 on June 19, 2017, 10:57:00 PM
............ This is pretty addicting.  :)

another one bite the dust!!

welcome to da club amigo, this is the home of the most upgraded reels and empty wallets

haha... thanks bud.

Fish67

Thanks Alan and Adam. The handle and knob worked out great!. Hauled 4 kings last Friday. The reel feels like a different animal with these two upgrades.