Fishing on the Mirage-Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Started by Big Tim, June 15, 2017, 11:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Been trying to get on the Mirage out of Channel Islands Sportfishing for over 2 years, and finally got a ride Tuesday night. Great Capt. and Crew..Spotty fishing and no Sea Bass, Halibut or Yellowtail, but we turned it into a stellar rock fishing trip:

I on the other hand wouldn't take NO for an answer for anything until I came home a winner...Yup, the Golden Carp Award stays at home with Big Tim:

Yes I caught the smallest fish again  ;D

BT

Swami805

I fished Tuesday out of channel Islands on the Island Tak. We chased the sea bass in the morning but no love for us either. We would stand in the bow and look down and see schools of tankers right under the boat. Threw everything at them and they just had lock jaw. Went into the weeds after a few hours and had good Calico bass fishing so it was a good day but incredibly frustrating seeing all those seabass so close yet so far. Holler next time your down this way, maybe we can wet a line and enjoy some chicken. Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

El Pescador

Man, Big TIM!

You are HITT'N it all the way down the West Coast!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

theswimmer

Congrats on the trophy Big Tim !
I wanted to go but working two full time jobs really sucks!

On another note, you are looking fit!
The diet is working.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

On another note, you are looking fit!
The diet is working.
[/quote]

Thanks JT...I'm Rounding into shape  ;D I feel much better not smoking and I have to admit that the first 40# was easy and now not so much  >:( but I did walk 5 miles Tuesday before getting on the boat.

BT