Line spooler

Started by Tiddlerbasher, August 20, 2014, 04:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiddlerbasher

Update.
I've now ugraded the drag to dual force. I figure it is a better engineering solution. I never did like the idea of wasting energy by compressing a thrust bearing. This time no thrust bearing and opposing drag surfaces. The drag is plenty smooth past 35lbs - I stopped testing at that point. The heat distribution is far better. Running down a battery drill at 10lb drag produces no discernible temp rise (to the touch) - it was noticeably with the single disc.
Photos - pardon the quality I must get a new camera ::)
Components of original drag - Drag tower with brake plate - drag disc - washer - 2 pairs of bellevilles ()() - washer - spring washer - adjustment knob - every bit from fleabay :)

Adjustment side brake plate with spring pin fitted to shaft.

Spool drive side assembled with drive screws and centering bush.

Drive side - showing spring pin in position

Side view of fully assembled drag system with dual drags

Now if only I could 're-engineer' my lever drag reels this easily ::)

Rothmar2

Absolutely love this home engineering masterpiece!

Tiddlerbasher

Chris - I've only just caught your comment from long ago - I thank you sir for the kind words :)

Rickski

I realize this is an old thread.  Such a shame Photobucket started to charge for their third party picture hosting.  Is there elsewhere that the pictures can be viewed?
Rick

Tiddlerbasher

If you use Firefox or Chrome - there is a plugin that still allows you to see the Photobucket pics ;)
You can have as many browsers as you like (on a PC - don't know about Apple :-\)

Rickski

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on December 29, 2017, 01:54:07 PM
If you use Firefox or Chrome - there is a plugin that still allows you to see the Photobucket pics ;)
You can have as many browsers as you like (on a PC - don't know about Apple :-\)

A quick search and I found the app.  Photobucket pics show up now.  Thanks,
Rick

Tiddlerbasher