Pls recommend a low profile baitcasting reel for trout and redfish thanks!

Started by Vjtrey1, August 01, 2017, 03:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Quote from: Vjtrey1 on August 01, 2017, 11:25:30 PM
I'm looking on their super duty and tournament pro g any thoughts?

All the Lew's reels will work well for your situation. From my experience they just get smoother as the bearing count/price increases. It looks like the Super Duty Wide comes in a 5.1:1 gear ratio, but the Tournament Pro G only comes in fast retrieves.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

oc1

I started with ABU 5000's; a red and then a black one (trout, redfish, flounder).  These were replaced with a silver Shimano Calcutta 100 that was bullet proof and seemed to last forever.  It was replaced with the Lew's Speed Spool Inshore BB1 and BB2.  The narrow spool BB1 casts better and was my go-to for a long time.  Don't know if they still make them.  I put the BB1 on the shelf and went to a new Shimano Curado 70.  It is the longest casting reel I've ever had and I love the 7:1, but it is nearly worn out now.  There's a thread about it here somewhere.  I then stepped backward to early Calcutta 50's to reduce maintenance requirements.  Then stepped further back to the vintage knuckle buster stuff.
-steve

fishhawk

I like the older "lew childre's" reels. Especially the BB-2 for the longer run's. Older ryobi's were good too. (basically same reel) I have been using BB-1 and 2's for flounder, trout, reds n such for 20 + years so I guess they'e perty dad gum good!