What kinda line's this?

Started by Gfish, February 28, 2018, 03:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Looks and feels like mono. In cross section, it'ed look flat and wide on two oppsite sides and about twice as narrow on the other two opposing sides. Widest part is 1.03 mm(0.040") and the width of the narrow side is 0.53mm(0.021").

Offa vintage Penn.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

bill19803

could be  cortland  flea  flicker  line  used   to  combat   sea  fleas  on  great lakes   has a almost  oval   cross  section   just  sayin

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Zimbass

Difficult to tell from picture.

Dupont Magnum 14/40 was an oval line as was Stren 7/20. Been years since I saw some in hand.

Cheers.

Terry.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

Rivverrat

Some of the early copolymer lines had that shape. I remember some would cast well... Jeff

sharkman

I remember watching a youtube video where young kid was fishing vintage reels and he talking about an oval almost flat line on one of the reels. I cant remember him mentioning the type of line or brand. I will go back and see if I can find the video

Reel Beaker

Darn.... No wonder i couldnt find grandma's g-string after the last fishing trip!