Preparing to fish the 16/0

Started by The Great Maudu, July 31, 2017, 12:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiddlerbasher

biggiesmalls

^^^

Gotta see some pics of this beast!

The Great Maudu

Last night at 10:45 pm the clicker on the big 16/0 started singing the song every shark fisher loves to hear. I picked up the rod as he was making his initial run with the 10 lbs. Bonita in his mouth. Once he stopped I began to slowly take up slack until I felt resistance. I tightened the drag a little and swung the rod up and back 3 times as I walked backwards to set the hooks. I cranked in more line and then he realized he was hooked. He swam off under nearly full lock down and a young boy with a water bottle began pouring water on the drag housing to help cool it down. A little after midnight I was able to get him in close to the pier and bring the swivel up for Brent to get his leash on him. Here's a YouTube link to see some of the action.

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tightlines667

Now that's what you were looking for!  

Congratulations to whoever that was!

I'll admit I cringed when I saw the drag getting tightened during a run.  This is the number one way to lose a fish.  Looks like the drag was nice and smooth though.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

The Great Maudu

I was confident I would be ok tightening up the drag a little it was smooth as butter as you would expect after Shark Hunter worked his magic. There was no jerkiness or stickiness. Just smooth and powerful.

bhale1

Wow!!! Awesome, good job!
Brett

oc1

Love the second-to-the-last photo.  Suitable for framing.
-steve

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

jason_purdy

Congrats! You put in the time and preparation, and it definitely paid off :o

-Jason

54bullseye

Mike great clip !!!!!  You deserved it with all your prep work !!! Glad for you !   John Taylor

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

swill88

Just wow!

Love the white handle.

Steve