sealine 900h/910h

Started by alantani, February 07, 2009, 11:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carpslinger and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

handi2

Yes i did. I still have one kit if anyone needs it. I have a couple of those reels too if needed.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

alantani

the 900h drag kits are no longer being made.  it was just too much hassle.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

Quote from: handi2 on November 10, 2022, 11:52:01 PMThose drag kits are prone to failure. As soon as the ears are worn off the drag washers it will cease to work.

WOOA, I Though this kits were the eighth wonder of the world and really surprise me, what kind of drag caused that much damage to the drag washer ears?

I was about to post a post asking for an Adam's kit for the 113h  :-\
The Baja Guy

Porthos

Looks like a classic case of failure point transfer when "improvements" are introduced aftermarket. What was never a weak point became one...in this case the CF washer ears.

Would appear that the 5 round CF + 1 delrin config may be the one that balances best against the KISS principle while increasing the drag with less "surprises" in actual use.

jurelometer

Quote from: Porthos on November 17, 2022, 02:23:20 PMLooks like a classic case of failure point transfer when "improvements" are introduced aftermarket. What was never a weak point became one...in this case the CF washer ears.

Would appear that the 5 round CF + 1 delrin config may be the one that balances best against the KISS principle while increasing the drag with less "surprises" in actual use.

Agree.  Maybe this customization just  went a bit too far.  Going from three (is that correct?) to seven CF washers requires some pretty thin material - not much room for the solid core  And does the reel need something like thirteen braking surfaces instead of the original three?  At some point, we reach diminishing returns.

If the washers are eared, the core has to be strong enough to withstand the shear load that is concentrated on a set of narrow ears  instead of spread out over the whole surface.

Making thicker/fewer CF washers might cure the problem, but making accurately dimensioned eared washers without weakening the cores is a bit of a pain.

-J

handi2

The kit I have is from Alan Tani. It's not the versa type drag kit.

It has new metal washers to change the 3 thick to 5 HT-100's
Gulf Breeze, FL

Donnyboat

I thought the metal washers are the same size as the Senator 9/0, also the 600H washer were the same size as the Senator 6/0 H, then buy some sheets of carbon fibre 1 mm or 0.75 mm & cut you them yourself, good luck, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

tomsatx

Quote from: Donnyboat on November 17, 2022, 11:50:00 PMI thought the metal washers are the same size as the Senator 9/0, also the 600H washer were the same size as the Senator 6/0 H, then buy some sheets of carbon fibre 1 mm or 0.75 mm & cut you them yourself, good luck, cheers Don.
Thanks Don. I'm on the hunt for a 600H to complete my arsenal of budget offshore reels and the tip for a compatable washers is much appreciated. Ive never cut washers but can give it a try.

day0ne

Quote from: Donnyboat on November 17, 2022, 11:50:00 PMI thought the metal washers are the same size as the Senator 9/0, also the 600H washer were the same size as the Senator 6/0 H, then buy some sheets of carbon fibre 1 mm or 0.75 mm & cut you them yourself, good luck, cheers Don.

Not quite true for the 600H. The O.D. is the same but the I.D. of the Penn washers is larger and probably won't hold up. Don't know about the 900H. An alternative for the 600H is:

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=4783.0

Something similar can probably be done with the 900H.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Rancanfish

I've got two upgraded 600's with 5 stacks and Tani handles if somebody will give me a decent offer.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

tomsatx

Quote from: Rancanfish on February 22, 2023, 12:23:23 AMI've got two upgraded 600's with 5 stacks and Tani handles if somebody will give me a decent offer.
Any photos? Send me a PM.

Rancanfish

PM sent.

I looked on the 'bay' just now. Quite a few going pretty cheap. I can't believe such a quality reel can be had so inexpensively.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

handi2

This is one I would like to sell.

It's loaded with all of the goodie's

Just make a reasonable offer.

The shipping will be higher because of size and weight. It's has 35lbs of smooth drag. Line size unknown

Carbontex drag washers. Open bearings.

Will trade for little pond reels

THIS IS THE LARGER 910 reel. Sorry for the confusion,

Gulf Breeze, FL

kentdalimp

Anyone still have an upgrade kit for the 910? I am hoping to find the 5 washers without having to engineer my own!

JasonGotaProblem

Do I really have the last one?
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.