12/0 stand screw problems

Started by 1badf350, August 30, 2017, 10:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

Did penn change screw thread sizes? I recently purchased two "new" reel stands from ebay and my existing stand screws dont thread into them. I pulled screws from my friends two 12/0s and none of them fit either. Im perplexed. I will say that both of the "new" stands look identical but they have no part numbers stamped in them
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Shark Hunter

I ran into one that didn't have the holes threaded.
Haven't seen another or one that wasn't compatible.
Life is Good!

mizmo67

It's possible the old stand/screws had sort of worn together..how to the screw threads look, are they damaged?
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

1badf350

Screws arent damaged at all. Its odd that we've tried screws from three different reels and none of them thread into these new stands. Reverse address search shows it to be from Betty and Nicks bait and tackle in NJ.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Shark Hunter

You know what?
That is where my Bad one came from too.
Life is Good!

1badf350

Did you send it back or what did you do? Im trying to return mine through ebay and im getting a million questions from the seller
-Chris

Shark Hunter

I sent it to a member without realizing. I got them pretty cheap.
Life is Good!