Newbie displaying recent finds

Started by festus, August 21, 2017, 06:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

I've only been a member for only a few days, and this is my first post. I've checked out this board for several days and already learned quite a bit.

Recently l found some great buys on reels, especially the Abus.  All these reels were 8 bucks apiece except for the little red low profile KVD baitcaster in the first pic which was $20, and the Mitchells were $3.  

Here are 3 Abu 4600s, two Abu 5500Cs, one huge Shakespeare Prius spinning reel never used, a little Penn Peerless No. 9 in good shape, one Garcia Mitchell 308, one Garcia Mitchell 300, and one old Mitchell 300 which may be over 70 years old.

All work pretty well except for the Garcia Mitchell 300 which has a tiny problem l'll post later.

Gfish

Wow, a 308 for $3. Where'd you get 'em?
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Dominick

I never find those deals.  Lucky you.  Have fun and fish them.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tiddlerbasher

And so the madness begins ;D
Welcome Festus :)

thorhammer

happyhooker

Looks like excellent deals; 2d best thing I can think of is an AT member getting a good deal (best is ME getting a good deal!)

jason_purdy

Dang, I need to go shopping with you ;). Good stuff.

-Jason

Bill B

I hope you checked the rear view mirror all the way home....cuz the police are looking for a thief  :o :o   You stole those reels brother....Good job....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!