500 / 501 5 stack drag

Started by Crow, October 10, 2017, 06:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Hi, !  I just received a 5 + 1 drag kit, and have a question...I think ! I understand the "stack order", but there is also a belleville washer in the sack....I *assume* this sits on top of the last keyed washer, between it and the spacer ?  Doing so would move the "pressure point"  to the approximate center of the keyed washers surface . Am I correct, so far ?..............Thanks !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

thorhammer

Bryan Young

Quote from: Crow on October 10, 2017, 06:25:20 PM
Hi, !  I just received a 5 + 1 drag kit, and have a question...I think ! I understand the "stack order", but there is also a belleville washer in the sack....I *assume* this sits on top of the last keyed washer, between it and the spacer ?  Doing so would move the "pressure point"  to the approximate center of the keyed washers surface . Am I correct, so far ?..............Thanks !

The use of the belleville spring washer is optional, but I believe it's much better than the wavy spring washer provided with the reel.  You may need to file down the spacer tube a little if preloading is apparent when you get the reel back together.  Preloading is essentially drag when the star is backed off all the way.  If that doesn't bother you, then it's fine the way it is.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Crow

OK, Thanks ! That's what I *surmised *......but I am a product of the Illinois Public School systems ::).
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !