Hello from eastern Ct.

Started by The real popeye, September 17, 2017, 11:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The real popeye

Hey everyone,
Have recently rediscovered my love for penn conventional s. I have also discovered that I left some of my old reels in poor working condition. (Some still apart)
So that's how I come to be here, hopefully I can contribute something to.

alantani

like so many here, i think you'll find that being able to service your own reels will make you a better fisherman.  the biggest change you will see now is the switch to greased carbon fiber.  the difference in smoothness is amazing.  with smooth tension on the fish during a run, it decreases the chance that he will spit the hook.  the lack of jerkiness also protects the reel from pressure surges that can damage the reel.  it's a whole new game!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tiddlerbasher

swill88

Welcome, and thanks to leading to this Abu tutorial. Much appreciated!

Steve

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bill B

Good to have you here.  Don't be afraid to ask questions you are among friends.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Ron Jones

Glad to see you,
You'll know you've arrived when you take those reels apart to put in stainless steel pieces just because you have too.
Welcome to the sickness.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

moondog371

hello from Branford ct!!!!!!!!! this place is amazing ,and addicting!!!!!!!!! enjoy!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Crow

Welcome !!  The knowledge these folks have to share...and their willingness to do so...is amazing!  You'll love it here !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !