Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 20, 2017, 09:55:18 PM
Bought this reel this week.
It was only $600.
The 155 next to it cost me $12.99.
No problem here. ;)

I always though those big everols were 3x more expensive

The Baja Guy

happyhooker

Instead of calling ourselves AT "members", we ought to ID each other as "registered offenders".

Frank

mackereljoe

I don't have a workbench to do maintenance. Normally just doing it outside with a cooler as a table.  But then yesterday I saw an image of a Daiwa Lexa 400 posted in BD, supposedly been washed diligently with freshwater yet it looked almost as bad as John Tuttle's tutorial Lexa 400 reel.  So I just have to open my own reel that was fished only half a dozen times.  Of course it looked brand new since it was given the Alan Tani's pre-fishing maintenance.  So I also opened reels that's been fished the last 6 months with the same results no corrosion all greased intact.  Do you guys think this is an early onset of this deceased?  Also, planning and pre-staging hint to wife about a work bench area in the patio.  I would like to stop before point of no return.

Crow

Does your better half do any gardening?....flowers, etc. ? If so, get her a "potting bench" ! ::)
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

bhale1

You've already passed that "point",  may as well embrace it😀😀😀
Brett

David Hall

Yep I agree with Brett.
You're a goner, no hope left. 

Jim Dempsey

Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 20, 2017, 09:55:18 PM
Bought this reel this week.
It was only $600.
The 155 next to it cost me $12.99.
No problem here. ;)

Good God Gertie; what a gash! That's a huge honkin' reel!

Decker

Quote from: David Hall on October 24, 2017, 01:31:55 AM
You're a goner, no hope left. 

If this goes much further, I'm going to have to get evangelical on you guys   :o ::) ;D

thorhammer

He's toast.  I now have two identical benches for rod and reel work. One at home shop and one at cabin. Sometimes I stick my head out the door and look at the lake and think about going fishing, but there's that Abu with poor freespool I can't take anymore....

mackereljoe

Thanks guys!  Seems to be drifting that way with no capabilities to maneuver, throwing red over red and dropping the hook to see if it will hold.

ez2cdave

Quote from: steelfish on October 21, 2017, 12:10:45 AMI always though those big everols were 3x more expensive

They are . . . Never pass up a "hot" deal . . . LOL !

Tight Lines !

Gfish

Been 2 weeks since I been able to wet a line. It was killin me! Work, errands, domesic maintenance, household paperwork, excessively long talks with the wife, etc., etc. A buncha responsible guy, spirit-killing, land-lubber B.S.! How do some guys do it 100% a the time?
1&1/2 weeks into it, I found the cure. Yeah, you guessed it: auction site shoppin for unnessasary upgrades, and maintenance on reels already built. Man was I happy to have found corrosion on my 501 gears!-better tear the whole thing apart. "Yeah baby"!
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oc1

You didn't miss anything but a bunch of wind Gregg.  I'm going cold turkey and will absolutely never ever buy another reel..... and this time I mean it.
-steve