CT Stripers

Started by pjstevko, December 13, 2017, 05:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

I managed to catch a few stripers while in CT cleaning out my parents basement and attic!

Bryan Young

Nice job PJ. Glad you are also having fun.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Decker

Looks like fun.  They call them "diaper stripers" right?  Sounds better with a NE accent too.

FatTuna

pjstevko

Most of the one I caught were in fact babies but the 2 pictured above were over 20 inches.......no matter the size they still fight well!

sdlehr

Nice job. I've cleaned out basements and attics, but never found an ocean or any stripahs while doing so.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Decker

Quote from: pjstevko on December 14, 2017, 04:56:45 AM
Most of the one I caught were in fact babies but the 2 pictured above were over 20 inches.......no matter the size they still fight well!

I caught some in the low twenties in the fall that were like shaped like footballs, full of bait and fattening up. Wish the law would've allowed me to eat one ::)

pjstevko

Quote from: sdlehr on December 14, 2017, 05:15:31 AM
Nice job. I've cleaned out basements and attics, but never found an ocean or any stripahs while doing so.

I literally cleaned out 3 tons of junk and wouldn't have been surprised to find either  ;D

I'd work until late afternoon then go take some time for myself by wetting a line.. I never expected to catch anything....

HOLEINTHEWATER

When I cleaned out my parents place this year, I with help loaded three 40 yard dumpsters. That didn't include all the stuff I gave away.