Some Pro Gears.

Started by STRIPER LOU, October 08, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

I like these old Pro's. Yes, they have some corrosion issues, but, they are compact reels with large gear trains. There are 454's, 440's, 541's 545's 251's and 255's here. I'm still looking for a nice purple 545 and I know where there's one with a clicker.

I've gotten a few other reels from this gentleman and hopefully he'll part with it when he's ready! Two reels I received from him were brand new in the box. From what I can gather he has a few hard to find and possibly some one of a kind colors.

With the Alan Tani lube job, upgraded drags, and DD'S they're tough to beat. A very light coat of grease where the head plate meets the frame is advisable. Once the reel is assembled I like to push a coat of grease where the head plate meets the frame and wipe off any excess. This creates a good barrier for salt intrusion.

If anyone should know of a nice 545 in purple, please send them my way.

All have a great evening,  ..  Lou

David Hall

Very nice collection you have there.

Ron Jones

Pardon me while I clean up my drool.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

thorhammer

gstours

Yes you should be proud of that collection,  I,m working on a pair of gold YTS,s  One is,nt enough.   Thanks for the Grease sideplate/frame idea.....    That should help?    Must do mine!    Thanks.   

steelhead_killer

Ted must have fainted.... ::)

><)))">

STRIPER LOU

OOPS, I found another one!! ;D :o

.............Lou

Alto Mare

Nice reels! if I remember correctly, Ted had a bunch of those at one time.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bill B

Great collection brother....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

broadway

Now I know where all the Pro Gear's are... in good hands with Lou.
Beautiful collection, pal. Certainly one to be proud of.
A few of Ted's soon to be released handles and they'll be all dressed for the party. ;)
Thanks for showing us how it's done,
Dom

Maxed Out

Well, I'd say you can never have too many pro gear reels. Obviously Lou already knew that long ago. Too bad they didnt make more red, green and blue.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Three se7ens

Fantastic collection, Lou.  I have a 545 and love it.  Id like to get more, but weighing the going cost vs some of the modern reels with warranty makes it a hard decision.