Looking For a Fluent CZECH Speaker . . .for a Model Rocket

Started by ez2cdave, March 17, 2017, 01:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatTuna

PacRat

How did I miss a rocket thread for so long. I wish we had this sort of group back in the good ole days. My Tripoli no. is 360 but I heard they were going to start recycling numbers. Tom could have whipped us up some serious components. I flew a lot with Frank Kosdon. He walked into our camp at  Lucerne Dry Lake one night and started conversations about reloadable motors...he told us he went to MIT and like to fly rockets. Once he built some they were real shreaders and were just destroying rockets. I started building some real strong 3" rockets with Franks reloadables in mind and never paid for another motor again. It was an R&D partnership, I supplied the rockets and Frank supplied the motors and we would fly as many as we could in a day. Rocketry is not the same without him. Daron, I hear you about the lines. I went to the last LDRS that they held at Lucerne and swore I wouldn't return. Range fees were high and the lines were long...oh...and no ATVs on the playa, it just wasn't what I remembered...but what is anymore?
Mike

ez2cdave

Quote from: PacRat on October 13, 2017, 11:23:11 PM
How did I miss a rocket thread for so long. I wish we had this sort of group back in the good ole days. My Tripoli no. is 360 but I heard they were going to start recycling numbers. Tom could have whipped us up some serious components. I flew a low with Frank Kosdon. He walked into our camp at  Lucerne Dry Lake one night and started conversations about reloadable motors...he told us he went to MIT and like to fly rockets. Once he built some they were real shreaders and were just destroying rockets. I started building some real strong 3" rockets with Franks reloadables in mind and never paid for another motor again. It was an R&D partnership, I supplied the rockets and Frank supplied the motors and we would fly as many as we could in a day. Rocketry is not the same without him. Daron, I hear you about the lines. I went to the last LDRS that they held at Lucerne and swore I wouldn't return. Range fees were high and the lines were long...oh...and no ATVs on the playa, it just wasn't what I remembered...but what is anymore?
Mike

Mike,

I was Tripoli #517 / L2 & NAR #26128 / L2

Tight Lines !

Shark Hunter

In about another 10 years or so, I will retire and get back into the hobby.
I held back enough kits to keep me busy.
To this day, when I'm on my way to Florida and see a big open field with the crops already harvested.
I think of launching.
I never got really serious, but My family and I had lots of fun with it.
Hang out at the park, grill out, shoot some rockets and let the kids chase them down.
Then at the end, break out the big boys.
Open the hood on the truck, and hook up the launch control. It took a key to turn it on and beeped. The kids loved it.
A G-64 was my favorite engine.
No need to be certified.
Made a very loud roar and black smoke when it took off.
I always tried to do things as a Family and still do when I get time. ;)
Life is Good!

ez2cdave

Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 14, 2017, 01:20:12 AM
In about another 10 years or so, I will retire and get back into the hobby.
I held back enough kits to keep me busy.
To this day, when I'm on my way to Florida and see a big open field with the crops already harvested.
I think of launching.
I never got really serious, but My family and I had lots of fun with it.
Hang out at the park, grill out, shoot some rockets and let the kids chase them down.
Then at the end, break out the big boys.
Open the hood on the truck, and hook up the launch control. It took a key to turn it on and beeped. The kids loved it.
A G-64 was my favorite engine.
No need to be certified.
Made a very loud roar and black smoke when it took off.
I always tried to do things as a Family and still do when I get time. ;)

Daron,

If you want to attend a good launch in FL, contact Rick Boyette ( A friend of mine for over 30 years )

Club website :  http://fsa-twp.webs.com/

His email : RoketRik@aol.com

Tell him I sent you !

Tight Lines !