Dear Santa, I want a biggest Ice cooler for Xmas

Started by steelfish, November 24, 2017, 09:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Thanks for taking us couch bros on you trip,   looks like a great trip.  Wish I was the baitboy,
Butt buyer beware the larger the cooler the smaller the shorts look!!!!!   The handles on most large coolers aren,t made strong enough .... Just barely enough to get out the store!!!! ???

steelfish

Quote from: gstours on November 25, 2017, 05:13:26 PM

Butt buyer beware the larger the cooler the smaller the shorts look!!!!!   The handles on most large coolers aren,t made strong enough .... Just barely enough to get out the store!!!! ???

hahah your right Gary, the fish would look smaller on a big ice cooler, I better get a smaller one to make the sandbass, calicos and curvinas look giant, true on the handles, my friends always carry the coolers from the bottom when is full of fish, handles are too weak.

Quote from: conchydong on November 25, 2017, 11:36:41 AM
Nice day of fishing. Instead of a bigger cooler you may want to consider an insulated fish bag.
an insulated bag might work too, but afraid that the fin spikes of the triggers could pounch it out and toast the insulation cover, it had happened before on small HD fish bags, a hard plastic ice cooler is more practical the way we fish, normally we have to travel 2 hrs south to get the fish, many times we fish one day and stay overnigh to fish the next day and have to cover the fish of the 1st day with ice and Salt and use another big cooler, the ice cooler with fish stay closed until came back to town as well as the ice cooler with the fish of the second day.

thanks for the comments and ideas
The Baja Guy

MarkT

Handles are the weak link on most coolers. A lot of the high end ones have rope handles rather than plastic ones.
These Igloo ones are easy to move with the extension handle and wheels.

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

steelfish

thanks Mark, there are many types and models of coolers to choose from, I really need to take the time to search for one for my needs and space available in home for storage, not in a hurry, tho.

The Baja Guy