I love taking my daughters fishing with me

Started by ReelFishingProblems, December 10, 2017, 06:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelFishingProblems

Just got back from an overseas trip and needed to go fishing with the girls. I went to Apollo Beach, Florida which is only 30 minutes from my house. It has a power station that makes the water much warmer than the rest of Tampa Bay. For that reason lots of fish and manatees move into this spot in winter. Today started at 38 degrees, so I brought the beach tent with blankets and the girls' mermaid tail sleeping bags. They stayed snuggled up until the weather warmed up (50 degrees)
The Cobia bite has been good so I brought a Penn Spinfisher 10500 on a rod custom built by Thorhammer. No Cobia was caught today, but guys were catching huge Jack Crevale. I caught the below snook. No match for the 10500 and John's rod. It was caught with a 7/0 hook deep in the corner of its mouth, causing some bleeding. Snook season closed Dec 1st so I didn't measure it. It was most likely under size anyways. Got it back in the water quickly and he swam away strong.
I have two videos of other guys catching a huge jack and a snook that was at least 42", but they don't make the PG rating. Too bad, the girls heard it, but they know not to repeat it.

Nick
Valrico, FL

alantani

the kids are getting big!  let me know when you make it back to california!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Very nice.  Always fun with the kids.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Benni3

thorhammer

Great day. there isn't a whole lot that make that 10500 sweat... They are beasts....