Daiwa Sealine SL 175

Started by retiredandfishing, January 09, 2018, 10:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredandfishing

Hello, I'm a newbie, just registered a day or two ago. Really like the website, Alan has already helped me with the posts he has made for other models of reels I've worked on.

I have a problem with my Daiwa Sealine SL 175. In tearing it apart to service it for the first time the eccentric spring fell out when I lifted the main gear assembly out.  This is the first time I've worked on one of these and I did not get a chance to note where and how it mounts.  Would anyone have a picture of this that they could post showing eccentric spring installed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

Bryan Young

Quote from: retiredandfishing on January 09, 2018, 10:47:09 PM
Hello, I'm a newbie, just registered a day or two ago. Really like the website, Alan has already helped me with the posts he has made for other models of reels I've worked on.

I have a problem with my Daiwa Sealine SL 175. In tearing it apart to service it for the first time the clutch spring fell out when I lifted the main gear assembly out.  This is the first time I've worked on one of these and I did not get a chance to note where and how it mounts.  Would anyone have a picture of this that they could post showing clutch spring installed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

Are you looking for the anti-reverse dog spring location.  I think you reel may be similar to the picture

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

retiredandfishing

Thanks for the picture.. No, it's not the dog spring it's the spring that locks in position the clutch lever.  The lever you actuate to spin your line out when your casting or dropping down. 

http://www.tackletour.com/images/imgdaiwa50h14.jpg

Here is an address that shows a picture of a Daiwa 50h clutch spring that Allen posted. Unfortunately the 50 h does not mount the spring the way the 175 does.

Thanks, Steve

Shark Hunter

That would be the eccentric spring.
Life is Good!

retiredandfishing

OK.  Got a picture of the spring and where it mounts from the Daiwa company.  

Thanks for your input.  Now I can put the reel back together again.  Attached is the picture in case anyone needs it sometime.

Steve